Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1190CR

Matteson.

Matter

Why did my name come up? Weird.
    I was gonna do the big bore kit if I didn't find the zx10r when I did. Hope you like it.

Bike reassembled, everything new. Talked to the mechanic and he tells me the compression ratio is 17.6 to 1. I don't believe that. Upon firing up everything seems fine I'm bleeding the coolent when suddenly the top of the main big clutch cover starts spraying what looks like foamy chocolate milk. Feels a lil like oil......Brand new gasket torqued to spec. Any of you buell guru's wanna throw some advice my way?

Could it actually run on 17.6 to 1? If so is it blowing up all the gaskets and seals? I'm too deafeted tonight to rotate the engine to pull the exhaust to get to the cover. Fml!

17.6:1 is way too high, someone has done something wrong. Either missing base gasket or the head gasket is too thin. Should be very close to stock for compression ratio, it needs to be able to run on standard pump gas, that's how EBR set them up. I asked.

Could it actually run on 17.6 to 1?
    Just use diesel fuel.
    :D

Well I have an entire page of calculations......it actually fired up on regular 93. it wouldn't run at 17.6 imho. It actually surprised me when it did fire off and everything seemed fine for the first several minutes when I heard something pop and start spraying **** from the top of the clutch cover.

I installed a new gasket when it was disassembled and torqued in sequence everything to spec. I don't understand how or why a new gasket would leak that badly. I tightened the 2 bolts closest to the leak which did absolutely nothing! So I guess tomorrow I'll try again

^^ this. 17:6:1 is ridiculous.

You could make a fortune if your bike actually produces chocolate milk. Just think about it. You'd never even have to stop for refreshments on rides?? The possibilities are endless!!

But hey. Good luck. Hope you get that straightened out.

Chocolate milk looking oil means theres water in it. Don't run it like that, leak or not.

Take it back before theres more damage.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast