Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: EBR Racing front rotor install instructions

The 'BRAKING' rear rotor would seen to have managed the heat better than the Slovo front rotor but it was definitely getting hot after the second 70mph to 5mph leg of the bed-in. I think the procedure originally posted takes the aftermarket rotors to the limit of their molecular composition LOL. Expect lesser quality steel with aftermarket rotors if you're thinking to swap out OEM. OR maybe the 'sintered' pads bring it on a little more intense than standard brake pads.

I end this with a suggestion to back off the posted bed-in procedure just a little with aftermarket rotors to avoid the burn. They just don't make em like they used too SHOCKING I know.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It still sounds like you are a bit overzealous in your bedding process, and a rear rotor will have to work MUCH harder to duplicate the process described for the front rotor.

You just need to build some heat evenly in the pads and rotor, then let it cool completely.

Any smoke this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    It still sounds like you are a bit overzealous in your bedding process, and a rear rotor will have to work MUCH harder to duplicate the process described for the front rotor.

You just need to build some heat evenly in the pads and rotor, then let it cool completely.

Any smoke this time?
    I'm sure I pushed these products to their limits. No smoke, no bluing just a little golden glaze on the outer rim and some paint flake on the edge as seen in the center image. The rotor looks great and I'm very satisfied with Buell brake performance at this point. I would recommend the BRAKING rear rotor if you tire of the OEM.
    Last edited by midway; 06-02-2018 at 03:02 PM.

Do you know where we can find this PDF please ? And BTW all of the other picture ? Like the last picture of the post :

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I had a couple questions about my EBR Racing front rotor install and found some vague and incorrect answers on here (and BadWeb), so I thought I'd post the answers that EBR gave me in case someone is searching. I'd like BuellXB.com to be the source for the best info, but I'm biased a bit

Which way do I mount my EBR rotor?
    "The 6mm rotor requires the step to be facing outside, the 5mm rotor doesn't matter"

Whats the torque spec for the EBR rotor hardware?
    Recommended rotor bolt hardware torque WAS 25-27ft/lbs. It was UPDATED to 16-18 Ft/lbs!!

What order do I put the EBR hardware on?
    Heres a screenshot of the pdf they sent which shows proper hardware install order and torque.

And a close up of the hardware:

Bolt head, concave side of washer to bolt head, square rotor insert (see proper direction), copper washer, and sleeve…

What about the not-so-square thing?
    Like this:

6-bolt torque order. First, snug all bolts then:
    Thank you very much !
    Last edited by Niklos; 10-02-2018 at 06:06 PM. Reason: subscription

Thanks guys. I compiled a huge amount of info, double-checked the sources, then removed everything not pertinent to get the most concise acca edge
, easy to understand process.Nice find different from any thing I have seen

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456