Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Time 0122a - Decided to Torque to Spec

like the guy above giving me his version of snuggling up a drain bolt like I never did it before when in reality I have 3 motorcycles, two cars and change my own oil 6-7- times a year without a torque wrench - probably - 5-6 more times than he does each year - tightening them as they should be
    If there's one thing you shouldn't do, it's get on John's bad side. The man has his own shop, prob does 5-6 oil changes a week, has tool boxes chuck full o' goodies (including said Time-cert) and most importantly KNOWS PEOPLE. You'd be wise to listen to him from this point forward.

If I were you, I'd send him an apology right quick, as if your life depended on it...along with an Edible Arrangement.

Good luck with the repair, hope you get it sorted out.

EDIT: Oh yeah, if you'd switch to Amsoil you'd only have to do 5 oil changes a year. No, I'm not a dealer....but I did stay at a Holiday Inn express last night :)

I think its a good idea to never get on anybodys bad side. You can never know too many people :)

Jjc, we are a group of guys here ( for the most part, we have some ladies ) so if you do something and screw up, rather it's your fault or not, you are going to get some crap here. When I did my first oil change I saw that speck any thought geez really 30 ft lbs why does it need to be that tight. I'm sure if you are a do it yourselfer you thought the same thing and did it anyway. I actually got on this site to verify it needed to be that tight and found out differently. Not to say I haven't screwed up my fair share of things in my life. I have even had a few "misunderstanding" on the site either giving and receiving a smart ass comment. The guys here are a wealth of knowledge and could be invaluable asset to you.

So suck it up Princess, pull your panties out your butt, and take it like man. :D

By the way women are meaner than men so don't piss them off. ;)

Lol, I just re-read my post

I didn't mean that John "knows people" in a Vinny Bagadonuts, two in the back of the head kinda way, just that if he doesn't know how or where, he often knows WHO can get it, find it, whatever.

Inactive
    EDIT: Oh yeah, if you'd switch to Amsoil you'd only have to do 5 oil changes a year. No, I'm not a dealer....but I did stay at a Holiday Inn express last night
    now THAT is just damn funny. and you of all people know how close to my heart Amsoil is.
    on a serious note thanks for the very kind words and they mean a great deal to me. perhaps this gentleman is actually our beloved "ich" in disguise....as the user name very very similar. :D

Don't know why he got upset I thought the poon-tang statement was funny . John are you making friends. Lol !! :D

Inactive
    John are you making friends.
    i fear not rick. but anytime i can use "poon-tang" in a post i go for it. :D

Not only is he knowledgeable in motorcycles but he is funny as hell.

Maybe I misinterpeted your post Lunatic --- if I did then I appologize for same. That being said if you re-read it and TRULY put yourself in my shoes, whether intended or not you should be able to see how it could have (and for me it did) come across like you were belittling me and my situation.

My post was not asking anyone on the forum how to change oil. My post was explaining what happened and seeing if anyone could help me out with a kit so that I would not have to shell out $110-150 for what should have been a simple oil change.

Instead I got someone who I do not know immediately denounce the use of torquing oil drain plug as if those who do are fools and then had you explain to me what to use and how to just snug it up - even going as far as telling me "if you don't know what snug is get someone locally to show you" and comparing it to "poon-tang" - making it a joke at my expense.

So again - if you truly did not mean to be disrespectful - my bad - my appologies - and hopefully you can still see how I could take it the wrong way. If it was intended to be a tirade on torque wrenching drain plugs and belittling me than - like your buddy said to me "Princess - get your panties of your butt and take it like a man."

Either way - other than me ribbing you back (if you were deserving of it) or of me appologizing now if I misinterpeted your email it's done and over with - for meat least.

[

Good comments from your friends too - you all seem like really nice guys. So no hard feelings to any of you - even you Mr. Lunatic.:D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast