Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new tail for the xbs

It's been a busy and crappy winter, with the lack of snow. So, it's time to get a project done before homecoming. I acquired 2 Magnesium EBR tails and I'm mocking them up on a xb. I have the mounts prototyped and mounted. I'm going to chop off about 10" of the back and make a new tail light housing much like a xbs. I only need a xbr, 1125 seat to modify. I think I have everything else to get it done.

Matt

close up pics of the mounts would be nice...first pic shows that it's not aligned on the top, right side. curious of the 10" tail chop and how you're going to get to the XBS tail.

Going to watch this with interest it has the potential to be the ultimate xb tail, i love it mate!

I wondered if the new tails would be able to bolt up. Luckily, someone found a way potential!

That's gonna be .

You say you need a seat, but it looks like you have one?

more info on the mounts for the tail. How much was the tail from EBR?

It's bolted up on all 4 corners. Your seeing the back side of the right adapter. The two bottom holes line up. The top right is half a hole off and the left top is down and back. I had to rotate the tail down about 5 degs. It's going to be cut off about where the webbing stops and the sides are solid. I'll be fabricating the tail light hosing from scratch. It would be a little easier if it was an alum. tail so I could weld to it but I'm pretty sure you can't buy the magnesium ones. I though I read the alum. ones from ebr were around $400.00.
    The seat I have has been modified to fit on a tuber that's why I'm looking for a different one.

If there's enough interest I'll make an adapter kit for the tails. It takes special bolts too.

Matt

It is a direct fit for the 1125's. Requires minimal finageling.

Can't wait to see this finished!!

Are you keeping front of the xb seat position? Im curious to see what you do with the air box/seat area.

It is a direct fit for the 1125's. Requires minimal finageling
    Oops!
    You just cost me some $$....

I got the bulk of it done this weekend. It took about 13 hours in the shop to get it to the next stage. I hacked about 10" off the back, made a new tail light housing ,and a new battery tray. I have a line on a seat. So when I get that I'll have to extend the pan, trim to fit, make mounts, new foam and gel, and a new cover. I'm hoping to get it all rough finished in the next couple of weekends, and ready for homecoming.
    Matt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast