Thread: Intake problems

So I have check for manifold leaks and I have not found any. Can anyone tell me why my bike is doing this?
    Bike is a 2006 XB12R
    https://youtu.be/zjmSpXc3sGw

What miles and mods do you have on your bike?
    Have you changed your plugs lately? They could be fouled and arching a little crazy.
    Your ignition timing could be off. But if you haven't changed your cams, ECM or fueling, I don't see that being the case. However, it's a Buell, I wouldn't rule anything out.
    What's that unit zip tied to the left of your air filter?
    Is your bike throwing any codes?
    Honestly, I think what you're seeing is a typical Buell fueling hiccup. Thousands of posts on that subject.
    I might be wrong on the hiccup thing. Just throwing ideas at ya. Good luck

Mods are Breather mod only.

I JUST put new pluigs in yesterday.

The static timing is good, what other timing should I check? the CPS? I did drop it about a month ago, never noticed a difference yet.

No cods being thrown.

That zip tie unit is my HID ballast relocation.

If your static timing is good then your CPS is good. I believe the timing of our bikes is set by the CPS which is attached to the timing plate. I may have some terminology wrong here but the point is; if your static timing is good there's nothing else to check timing wise.
    Did you reset your TPS before or after checking your static timing?
    What plugs are you running? And have you ever looked inside the velocity stack before the plug change?
    Like I said earlier, I think what youre looking at is the typical Buell fueling hiccup/cough.
    My bike does it occasionally. Fixing it takes a bit of tuning expertise which I lack.
    Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    Start looking into the various ECMspy and tuning threads. I'm sure you'll findore helpful information there.
    Good luck.

PROBLEM RESOLVED

After some careful analysis, I noticed the idle adjustment screw had been laying on one of the fins, this caused it to become metal to metal. This also cause an abrasion to the front spark plug wire. I check with some mechanic friend and they told me it was causing arcing in the intake.

After this was found I noticed the bolt that held the manifold to the coil bracket had fallen out. This caused the manifold to wiggle a little causing intermittent leaks in the intake manifold.
    Just to be on the safe side, I changed them out with some new Genuine James JGI-26995-97-X intake gaskets. I swapped them out, and make sure everything was nice and snug.

I also changed out the fuel sock filter, inline fuel filter, O2 sensor, cleaned the fuel rail, and cleaned the injectors.
    After a closer look, I ended up changing the timing maps, and re-tuning the fuel maps from scratch. About 15 hours of data logging, and quick rides, she is starting up nice and and the idle is clean at 995 rpms.

MODS:
    KnN air filter
    Open Air BOX
    Breather re-route
    Jardine GP-1 exhaust

If anyone is having any issues with their fuel maps give me a shout, I can send you a copy of my ECM and you can try out the maps. It might not be 100% but atleast it will get you close, if you have the same setup as I do.

marten1- awesome update! Sounds like you took the bull by the horns and eliminated EVERYTHING that could have been causing your issues. Great info for anyone having similar issues!