, guage, putting, hotwired, details, velocity, started, works, ideas, pulled, bunch, include, greatly, appreciated, noticed, smoking, coming, problem, xb12r, riding, brand, turns, charged, constant, switch, flipped, whine, priming, gurgling, wires" /> 09 XB12R Fuel Problem

Thread: 09 XB12R Fuel Problem

Hey everyone, came home from riding in the rain a few days ago (first ride in a while), and i noticed some smoking which seemed to be coming from the fuel pump area. The next day i went to start the bike and when i flipped the run switch, instead of the constant whine from the priming, it just sounded like a gurgling. Tried to start the bike and it would crank and crank but wouldn't turn over. Made sure the battery was charged and kept trying but it just wouldn't fire. We took the fuel pump out and used a 12 volt battery to run it and it sounded like it was brand new. Turns out i'm not getting power to any wires except the low fuel guage wire to the pump. After putting the pump back in we hotwired the pump to a wire that only used power when the key is on, and tried to start it again. NOTHING. We pulled the line off by the velocity stack and primed into the stack and it pump a bunch of fuel.. and started until the gas all ran out. Primed it over and over but nothing works.. any ideas would be greatly appreciated. i tried to include most if not all details right now. it's probably something simple we're missing. Thanks guys.

A week and no ideas, c'mon guys!

I know its a derp answer and I'm not trying to be a dick. But your obviously not getting fuel up top. So you either have a fried wire down at the pump somewhere or your fuel line is blocked. Do you you have to re-prime the lines after you remove the fuel pump? Hope you find the culprit. Just to be nosey, what color is your bike?

You need new/used pump assembly

My 09 had wires pull apart at base. Sounds like yours did the same thing. My pump was still good as well

Try to remember to post the Year and model of bike. Check your Spark at the Spark Plugs. NGK DCPR9Eix spark plugs work well for the Xb bikes. Replace your Wiring needed where the smoking occured. The pump itself has to put out just the right amount of pressure of fuell.
    Reset your TPS. Have you been Twisting the Throttle while trying to start the Engine? That will mess it up.
    Once you have established that Spark / Fuell/ and TPS are correct then the Bike should Start.
    Unless you have a Short from the previous Smoking wires trace that down. It is time consuming but that will be a sure and SAFE way to get the bike up and Running. Small Things First. Post up when can.*Jimi

jimijeans the title says 09 xb12r fuel problem! :D