Thread: !

Hi everybody ! just got my xb9sx and i noticed a tapping/clicking noise coming from the engine when idle..at least thats when i hear it. If anyone knows where is coming from or had the same problem , any help would be highly appreciated! I attached a link for the video I took to show how it sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Rl...ature=youtu.be

Take videos outside! Garages and sheds just echo so it's impossible to hear it.

Sounds like Rod bearing or lifter - front cylinder.

Hope you didn't pay much for the bike. If you did, then Someone got you good with a "mechanics special" :(

Where are you located?

Rod bearing. Check the exhaust straps just to make sure they are right, but that sounds bad.

I'm located in silver spring MD. I have another video on my channel you can hear it better. I paid 3k for it and i didn't really noticed it when i got it...rode it back home then next few days i started to notice that sound...probably I didn't notice it because of the excitement when i got it..

here's the link for the other video outside..at the end is a walkaround of the bike
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh59qGHjOvQ

If i have to buy the replacement parts where can I buy it from? any good websites ? or anyone around MD that can help me diagnose it ? I can tow it away I have a trailer ..

thanks

Wait, Your 45min from me lol

Was that the blue 06?

Check your exhaust studs & nuts, that sounds more like a exhaust leak.

Check your oil level too

*edit* Yea it is you! we've been texting. Like I said if you end up with a buell you'll run into me on he forums.

Told ya you should of bought one from me :(

Hahahaha. That's funny. Small Buellie world...

Yeah I know. I'll change the oil today and run a magnet in the case to see if I have any metal debris in there ... I'll keep this posted

So I changed the primary oil and engine oil and now sounds better..the oil was black. Also I found some minor debris on the plug's magnet but I think that's normal wear ..I found some videos on YouTube withe some guys having the same problem and it was the loose primary chain..tomorrow I'll tighten that up and see if the noise goes away..the primary chain was loose when I checked it but I haven't tighten it yet...that's tomorrow job. I'll keep this updated