Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WTB 03-05 primary cover(black)

Hoping to get a primary cover in good shape no stripped holes no major scratches or damage for cheaper than the 310 dollars for brand new kit on eBay. The 310 isn't bad for it having all the gaskets and shift shaft seal and new clutch Inspection door but if I can find a better deal obviously I need to take it. The only other reason I'm considering brand new is that I want it to look good on the bike with minimal wear. Mine before damage was in almost perfect shape besides a couple Knicks and a smooth part from pants rubbing. Thanks everyone

Ive got a number of them stored away as a wear item........ let me see what I've got and ill get some pics up.

Sounds good let me know. As of now unless one comes up in good shape I'm gonna be spending almost half of what the 1050 kit costs on something that isn't the 1050 kit I want. I can't believe how much the primary for xb goes for compared to the ones for the blast

Pm sent

Still in search of 03-05 specific cover. Don't want to change out the shift shaft to fit the newer covers. The part numbers are both identical for the different years just the size of the bushing for the shift shaft is different. I cannot find the bushing for sale anywhere otherwise I'd buy 06 up cover and swap bushings. Anyone who has one in good shape let me know

Here is the shift shaft seal you need

http://americansportbike.com/newdir/Item/17124

FYI changing shift shaft to fit newer or older covers is really easy, you just have to take clutch basket loose, slide out 1/2".

Pop old one out & put new in.

You'll have the primary cover off already, so it's maybe 5-10min extra work IF you have all the tools you need. Air gun, made up clutch tool or actual clutch tool.

Don't have all those tools and everyone said helicoils were 5 mins tops and I screwed that up and am now in the spot I'm in. So I'd rather just put the correct part on and not make more work or more money than I'm already out. So let's not get off topic here still in search of 03-05 primary cover pm me of you have any. And I know what seal I need but the bushing actually goes into the case before the seal most cases have the bushing installed from factory and that part on the 03-05 looks almost copper or brass where as the newer ones dont. I have not found the bushing for sale as replacement parts

For some reason ASB thinks the 03-05 with the smaller bushing is worth 150 dollars more than the 06-10 . so it appears the brass bushing Harley put in early models is more than likely solid gold worth 150 dollars or ASB is run by crack heads

Supply and demand... older 3 year run part, or newer 5 year run part just saying. I would call ASB and ask them if they know if the bushing is the same or not. Maybe just different material?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast