Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WTB 03-05 primary cover(black)

Its definitely different diameter altogether that's why they separate them on the website I don't know why it couldn't of just been as simple as a thicker seal and why they decided not to make that part available which is aggrivating but what's worst is to keep the part numbers the same. Same part but different part

Stop being such a baby...geez

eBay

Took me almost 90 seconds to get that including looking up the p/n. I'm surprised HD doesn't stock this part considering it fits XLs from 77-05

An observation: Aggravated is not the mood to be in when working your bike. Drunk is ok, but not aggravated

And your 100% sure that would work for this cover. Because I only listen to people who are 110% sure. I can get a cover from anyone or new that has the bushing in it I need. I said I couldn't find the bushing but I didn't look too hard cause I don't need to. I want the 03-05 cover that's it. I do not want to be pressing g old bushings out or new ones in. I want to get the job done not add more work with more possibilities of things going wrong. I press bushing and crack something then I'm out another cover. See what I'm saying?? If I get 03-05 its simple unbolt and re-bolt. If you don't have one don't respond to the post. I need the part not ideas for more work keep this post on topic. Or I'll turn into the moderator and remove said posts that distract from the issue at hand

Sorry to be at all dickish but I need the cover that's all besides gaskets and what not. But every single forum I get on post a topic or read a topic someone decides that they need to blow off topic. Its a WTB post not a give me ideas to add more work post

Quoted from you...

I cannot find the bushing for sale anywhere otherwise I'd buy 06 up cover and swap bushings.

None of the posts have been off topic, we are just giving you options. We can't do all the work for you. You want a 110% solution, buy new from ASB. If you want to save a buck, listen to our opinions, and do your research.

Contact PaulPud, UMDTerp13, Squidbuellie, or any of the other guys who sell parts, see if they have any

I didn't ask anyone to do my work for me not a single person. I had a couple people try to help but the covers were newer models. I didn't ask anyone to try and find the bushing for me try and quote that. I want to get the cover for my year is all. I'm being very realistic. I don't need options or opinions if I choose to buy the correct part for my specific year my mind is set and I don't need to hear opinions and options. I just need to help someone help me a fellow member can make some money save me Money and I end up with a part that works for me. If you all you have are opinions and options on this WTB ad then keep them to yourself. WTB should have nothing but pm sent, and emails photos and PayPal ACCTS not do this or you could do that or buy this and do that. That's for troubleshooting or mods

On a more positive note I'm getting bumps with every post on here now. And honestly I'm not trying to be a dick. I'm beyond frustrated I don't have a job I stay at home with my daughter I don't get to provide for my family my fiance does and it makes me feel like ****. Then my bike the one thing I do for fun has an issue and I just want to get it done and over with fixed the right way. No parts that I don't need to buy as I'm already tight with cash so I apologize if I'm coming off dicky just a bad week.

Contact PaulPud, UMDTerp13, Squidbuellie, or any of the other guys who sell parts, see if they have any
    Yep. Trying to give you another option since you commented that the 03-05 covers were more difficult to come by and more expensive as well because of the shift shaft bushing. I pulled the p/n for the bushing straight from the parts catalog here then did a simple Google search here. HD still lists it so it should be available from them albeit with a 5-7 day lead time unless you find a dealer that has it in stock

https://shop.newcastlehd.com/part/40520-63 $2.01 EA

http://www.kutterharleyonline.com/ha...ge_580440596=5 $15 - pack of 10

Not trying to go off topic and sorry if I come across as being dick-ish but you've got a lot to learn about forums in general, especially this one. These guys will bend over backwards to help.

Good luck with your search.

I picked up my new primary cover on ebay from a shop in minnesota for $250 shipped. Was here in 2 days.

Edit looks like he has more too

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...719225&alt=web

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast