, question, gauge, yada,yada,yada, looked, forum, bought, cable, downloaded, firebolt, alright, watched, garage, makes, ecmspyv2, figure, donate, stuff, driver, paste" /> EcmspyV2 help please
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EcmspyV2 help please

Alright, so... I watched the DIY video on how to burn a race map on my 2004 12r firebolt from this forum and it looked easy enough right.
    So I bought the cable and downloaded ecmspy which took me all day to figure out how to donate and get the right driver and all this stuff yada,yada,yada.
    The guy in the video (in the garage with the BMW) makes it look easy just (copy and paste) right?
    So then... I go to buellmods.com and download a race map.
    So when I try to do it my ecmspy screen looks completely different.
    On all of the ecmspy videos the main screen is a rpm gauge and mine looks different.
    I guess in all the "how to videos" they are using an old version of ecmspy and I am using a new one? Version 2.0?
    I guess my question is how do I burn a race map to my 04boltxb12r using ecmspy v2.0.
    Anyone done this lately???

Don't take this the wrong way.....
    I suggest you do a lot more reading. Familiarize yourself with the software you're using and figure out exactly what you're trying to accomplish before you find yourself posting;
    HELP! I NEED A NEW ECM!
    There are a million posts on ECMspy. Start reading!
    I've done every bit of wrench work on my bike. I bought it brand new in 2007. And I'm still reading up on tuning. That's one plunge I won't take without knowing exactly what I'm getting into.
    I've used ECMspy for diagnostics and TPS resets. However, I still don't feel enough confidence with the software to rewrite my fuel injection mapping.
    It's not as simple as some people make it out to be.
    Be careful and good luck

Is there a way to just copy and paste a race map to a stock ecm with the latest version of ecmspyv2. Or can I download a older version of ecmspy like the guy had in the DIY video?

Scorpio, there is an older version,here is a link to it in my Dropbox.

I strongly suggest you follow chicknstrpn's advice and read up on exactly what you want to do before you do it. If you make a mistake you can really mess things up.

I suggest going to www.Google.com and type "site:BuellXB.com ecmspy" in the search box and read through the posts you find.

Good luck!

Thank you kind sir neilrl79. That looks exactly like what I wanted to download to begin with . but, is it in German ? I don't recognize some of the words. " datei" "ansicht" "Hildesheim" I guess I could google translate.

this would be where ich should drop in :D

Scorpio, it is German by default, it's been a while since I've used the program but one of the buttons near the top should have language options.

You are the man, thank you :)

and make a copy of your oem ecm software first before you do anything else. 2 copies to be safe.
    Lots of good advice above, I don`t use the newer ecmspy so I am no help there, sorry.

The older version of ecmspy won't communicate with my bike. Is that because I have downloaded the newer version of spy on my laptop?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast