Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1125cr exhaust??

Was thinking about getting the jardine rt5... I know Keda designs makes awesome ones too.. Thoughts?

Keda RT-3 FTW

I also have a drummer SS and for the money/look Id pick deans RT-3 hands down.

Pretty much all exhausts are going to be equal in loudness and more than likely sound the same.

Check the 1125 exhaust shoot out for sounds clips of about ten different exhaust and dyno sheets for various tunes on *all of them.

*mostly true.

Deans RT-3 :D

Pretty much all exhausts are going to be equal in loudness and more than likely sound the same.

Check the 1125 exhaust shoot out for sounds clips of about ten different exhaust and dyno sheets for various tunes on *all of them.

*mostly true.
    I'm not sure where you are getting your info from, but this is not really true, and I speak from first hand experience on my 1125.

Barkers and Jardine sound similar, but still not the same, as they are constructed similarly. Honestly, I think a single outlet exhaust is silly for an 1125cc motorcycle and such single outlet pipes have alot of air noise.

The Keda RT-4 is significantly louder than both of the above and has a somewhat more conventional V-Twin sound...you hear more engine than air trying to escape from a lone tiny exhaust outlet. With that said, my personal experience is that one absolutely must wear ear protection when riding with an RT-4.

The only thing I do agree with is that someone in the market for an after market 1125 exhaust read the ASB write up.

If you're looking for loud, I've got a D&D sitting in the corner and I'd sell it cheap!

I'm not sure where you are getting your info from, but this is not really true, and I speak from first hand experience on my 1125.

Barkers and Jardine sound similar, but still not the same, as they are constructed similarly. Honestly, I think a single outlet exhaust is silly for an 1125cc motorcycle and such single outlet pipes have alot of air noise.

The Keda RT-4 is significantly louder than both of the above and has a somewhat more conventional V-Twin sound...you hear more engine than air trying to escape from a lone tiny exhaust outlet. With that said, my personal experience is that one absolutely must wear ear protection when riding with an RT-4.

The only thing I do agree with is that someone in the market for an after market 1125 exhaust read the ASB write up.
    I was basing loudness off the ASB paper. I have not listened the sound files yet - hence the word "likely". I have been wrong before, but am usually right around the mark at a minimum.

And I second the advice on wearing ear plugs (albeit have the RT3) - I really need to start doing so.

you want a keda. I've got the hmf which is ok, but after hearing the keda and seeing the dyno reading, I'd think it's a no brainer!

^Lol

It all boils down to this.
    The correct answer is Dean Adams, all other answers are incorrect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast