Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: EBR Closes / Bankruptcy

Eh a little googling can find the parts. Fork seals for the 1125 can be had for 20 bucks tyd.

I think the issue was that Hero wanted to buy controlling stake and Erik said no so they left and are forcing his hand through legal means.

I could see Hero buying it and rebranding the whole thing.

I wonder how much the company is worth.

A trillion dollars!!!!:p

On the bright side, my bike made the front page.

He certainly sounds like there's already a plan in place "I personally hope for a new and better beginning". Remember the Buell closure video? It was awful. This doesn't have the same feeling, does it?

A parting thought on Wisconsin receivership......"A major reason lenders and purchasers of troubled companies use Chapter 128 is that the statute and case law expressly allow the receiver to “pass to the purchaser good title, free and clear of all liens.” The sale orders are similar to those issued in Bankruptcy Court and reassure the purchaser that it will not be burdened by the debtor’s past problems."

Hmm. I wonder if we could split the cost. Whats 25 millions divided by BuellXB.com members?? Add BadWeb and just pitch in a few hundred thousand a piece:D

The turn we recently took, after we thought we were moving forward, was unexpected,” Buell said in a statement. “We thought we had secured funding, but in the end, we were not able to get the funding in place. Therefore we need to do the best we can under the circumstances for all parties in interest.”
    So this is a bit of the article in Cycle World, do you think the funding he is referring to is Hero? If it is then WTF, the race team has been running a couple of seasons now with Hero plastered all over their stuff, how could they back out now?

I tend to agree with some of you that have suggested the Hero is going after the whole thing. Erik may not have wanted to give up control initially when the deal was struck. Hero probably backed off providing that Erik meet certain milestones (sales figures, Hero introduction to US market, etc.) When Erik did not meet those milestones, Hero pulled their backing. Now Hero is in a position to take the whole operation, if they desire.

I still want an 1190RX. I wouldn't hesitate picking up a Hero 1190RX when/if they do hit the Canadian market.

Hmm. I wonder if we could split the cost. Whats 25 millions divided by BuellXB.com members?? Add BadWeb and just pitch in a few hundred thousand a piece
    It's actually quite interesting how this math panned out.

There are 20,490 BXB members. Add in some guys from BadWeb and BRO to bring that number to 21,000. Then $25M/21k= $1190/ea

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast