Thread: Any issues with EBRs?

So with the recent sad news of EBR closing down I am looking at some lemonade and maybe the bikes will go on a fire sale like last time. The question is with there being little to no support in the future, is there any issues I should know about the EBR bikes?

I have considered an 1125 but the issues present with charging and running really hot scare me away. Any input would be appreciated.

Be more afraid of struggling to find even harder parts to locate for the 1190. Thinking the same thing right now and almost being able to pull it off. I already struggle with my 1125cr, so probably not biting.

Problems with bolts coming out and random electronic issues. and of course the tuning issues

I have no "real" problems with my RX, that I've owned since...last weekend (04.11.15)..!
    Have an apparent problem with the Traction Control, in that the engine makes about 50hp on any setting but "off".

I don't have a problem with that, being that this is a daily driver (85 miles a day), not a racer.

Otherwise, even though this is my first week with this bike, I'm happy with it.

Mike

P.s. - I also own an XB12s and a 1125CR. The XB runs well. The CR has been sitting because of a pitted exhaust cam. I have the parts to fix it, just haven't had the time.

Are you getting it above 4500 rpm?

The front wheel should lift before the traction control kicks in.

Ryan are you still in town?

I've had:

1. Front Head Cracked, likely from exhaust bolt working out
    2. Numerous body panels crack, still waiting on a couple
    3. Front wheel scoop rubbed wheel marring it. Replaced, scoop fix out
    4. CEL numerous times, but seem to cause no problem
    5. Headlight adjust broke

Other than that, its a ****ing beast. Love the bike. Super sad.

wolfo wrote -
    ""The front wheel should lift before the traction control kicks in.""

Not even close..!
    The entire nature of the engine changed when I turned the Traction Control off. As noted, I doubt that the engine had much more than about 80/90hp. with the TC on. And that's not a joke.
    And yes, it would go above 4500rpm, but it took a while to get there with the throttle wound up a bit. The engine ran better just acting like it was a cruiser, not a sport bike. Which during the break-in period isn't really all THAT bad. But for all intents and purposes, it's pretty much broken in now.

Hopefully, this will workout for the owners (and the EBR staff) somehow.
    As I said, this is my daily driver, so I'm looking at future availability of air cleaner elements, sprockets, other Buell only, perishable items.

I do feel for the people working at EBR also. I've been in that position in the past.

Mike

Nope, I moved out to Arizona earlier this year. Done with Nebraska winters. I sold my Buell to a nice fella in Bellevue. You may see it around. I still have my Harley.