Thread: 03 XB9R KICKSTAND

I just purchased my first buell the other day and I love it. While loading it into the trailer to bring it home, I put the kickstand down to get off to strap it up. I neglected to put the kickstand back up after strap fastening and on the way home we hit a huge bump. It threw the bike in the trailer and it landed on " as well as bent " the kickstand. When I got home I simply tried to bend it back with my foot, it snapped off. The kickstand itself is fine but the bolt that secures it broke in half at the thread portion on the end. NOBODY, I repeat NOBODY, has the replacement bolt. It seems it has been discontinued. I bypassed the safety switch so I can at least ride it but I still need to fix the stand for obvious reason. Does anyone know where I can find the replacement bolt I need? Any info is good info brothers.

Thanks my man

just an FYI, '03 side stands had a recall on them, which stated the had the potential to bend or break. anyway, the new side stand has an "R" stamp onto either the base plate and or the pin that is welded to the side stand where the spring holds onto.
    the pin for the side stand will work, however the "s" hook will not...do what was done here to fix the problem
    here

Gotcha, thank you! I also heard that the 03 model was the only one to have the side stand safety switch? go figure lol

keep in mind that the '03 models were the first run of the XB series, just like the automotive industry....fixes and refinements made on the next year models

I actually found the original pivot pin! It was in cali and there was only 1 left. It was surprisingly cheap for a part so hard to find. Will be doing the conversion kit over winter along with a few other things.