Thread: Shift lever problems.

Shift lever problems.

Hey everyone, first time Blast owner here, and first time biker too.

Recently got an '01 Blast for a good deal and it's been giving nothing but issues, latest of which is the shift lever stripped out on me and I cannot find a replacement that will fit to save my life.

If anyone has any advice on what will fit or what to get I'd love to hear it, Just ready to ride it for once after putting so much money and time into my first bike.

PS here are the pictures of what I have for context if that helps.

PXL_20230609_203416417.jpg
    PXL_20230609_203439343.jpg
    PXL_20230609_203446128.jpg
    Last edited by Shadow Finger; 06-09-2023 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Added photos for context

Sir: Depicted shift lever appears to be an Ebay sourced Chinese POS. Threads on the actual shifter shaft, with some cleaning and massaging, appear to be in good order. I would go with new or used original. It is a 2-piece affair as the shift lever "wraps around" the collar. You will need both. Still available but pricey. Excess of 10 each still in dealer system.

BUELL P3 BLAST SHIFT LEVER PART # IS N0601.TA
    BUELL P3 BLAST SHIFT LEVER ADAPTER COLLAR PART # IS T0225.T

Check Ebay for same or list request on this board.

Many Thanks Barrett.

Wish there was something cheaper than a 150 dollar combo but if it works it works I suppose.

Found both in stock on st Paul Harley Davidson Buell's web sight.

Yes Sir my pleasure. You do NOT have to return to stock setup. The reason the Blast shifter assembly consists of a lever over top of a splined collar is that the Buell and Harley Davidson folks knew, that many of these bikes were destined for the MSF and RTP programs, where they would repeatedly be dropped by trainees and new riders. Design element intended to allow the lever to rotate around the collar when dropped....in lieu of a standard splined shift lever that would cause much more serious damage.
    Save $150 or more and just purchase a simple aftermarket Ebay lever with correct dimensions and install it correctly.

Ahh that's interesting, and good to know! I did try and find a lever on ebay and a couple other places with the proper dimensions to no avail but the factory one looks good enough for me and will work to get it ridable and sellable.