Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: brain buckets

Hey everyone I'm looking for a new bucket in the under $200 range. I currently have a gmax gm48s that I've had for a few years now and it's held up well but I'm waiting something a bit nicer and lighter. Any suggestions? I've been looking at gmax,fulmer and bell so far.

HJC FG-17

That's sharp. How is the venting on the hjc helmets?

LaZer Kestrel Carbon Light

^I just bought this online last night for the price I couldn't resist.

Bell Vortex is a great helmet. I have a Star, RS1, and the wife uses a Vortex. All great helmets at a great price.

Inactive
    Bell Vortex is a great helmet. I have a Star, RS1, and the wife uses a Vortex. All great helmets at a great price.
    hey jesse: in that bell line-up which of the full face seem to be the lightest? you're correct on the pricing. base of my 61 year old neck getting fatigued while day-trippin'. thanks much.

Speed and strength are good as well.

The Star weighs 3lb 7oz, RS1 3lb 8oz and the Vortex is 3lb 14oz. The Star and RS1 are very similar in fit my RS1 is new so it seems to do better at speed, my star cheek pads need a good refreshing or new ones is more than likely the problem. I have only tried on the vortex not rode with one, the wife wears a small that has no chance fitting on my melon to try it out.

Those are all LG weights.

top vents are great, can feel the air flowing through...front vent is great also, could use a little filter screen or open cell foam cause it's an unobstructed vent allowing dust/dirt into the helmet. I don't use it very often, no fogging issues due to the design of the shield with pin lock insert. the orange shield view is like wearing a pair of yellow shooting glasses. crisp, clear view and also cuts headlight glare from oncoming traffic. other shield/insert color options available.

Save $$ and get the best one you can afford. Kinda goes with buying good gear in general. My one piece was probably a bit over $600, but what I normally wear (jacket $350, gloves $225, boots $350, pants $250) was a bit more. The Arai helmet I have now was about $500 or so new. I'm due for a new one, it will probably be in that same range.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast