Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever mill the 1125 rotor?

I ordered the 1125 rotor shortly before the EBR site went down. At this point the order is showing processing on the site. I emailed them and they have not responded, calling them goes nowhere since they do not answer and you can't leave messages. I imagine they are just simply not going to ship the item.

If I don't have to I don't want to have to ship overseas for the rotor from Twin Motorcycles because I borrowed Cosworth's crank locking tool and wanted to get it back to him asap.

Anyone have any experience taking the existing rotor to a mill and having them drill new precision holes? If yes, what do I need to know?

If no, anyone have an EBR rotor for sale :)?

I'm taking that as a no. How about, how many holes are drilled into the new EBR rotor and are they located in the same general area as the existing oil hole? Larger, smaller?

Imagine I could find a CNC shop that would just drill the new holes for me...

Not so easy......they wire edm an oiling orifice. Yea, orifice, that's right. It's not much bigger than a pin head.

http://badweatherbikers.com/buell/me...31/665658.html

I have an extra rotor I was planning on having done in the event I could snag another bike cheap that had the stator go out. Now I wish I had just pulled the trigger. Thankfully, I've got an extra sprag from my rotor/stator repair as a long term wear item.

You may want to post a want ad over there too.....maybe someone had better foresight than I did.

do you have the EBR part number?

Just curious...Why not get the Twin Rotor? You can order it through us. Concerned about time?

50dro Time was a concern. What is it a 6 plus week turnaround?

I borrowed someone's tool. Wanted to get it back to asap. So I was looking for a quicker fix.

Pur pony I believe the ebr part number may be Y0533.13AZ. At least that is what it says under sku on my receipt.

Thanks Mope for finding that post. I was looking for something like that, but having a hard time finding.

50dro Time was a concern. What is it a 6 plus week turnaround?
    No. If in stock at Twin, it's usually 1-2 weeks barring any customs issues. Let me know if you want us to investigate it for you.

Its not problem with my tool, I understand none of us expected the EBR thing to happen so its gonna take a bit of time to get the part etc.
    Just return it after your done no big deal!

^standup Cos. Mine is always available for loan as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast