Thread: SCORED this today!

SCORED this today!

This popped up here locally. I've been looking off and on for a year or so. All I had found were far from me and too high in price. I'm glad to finally have another one. Hey Aaron... someone, whom I will not name, but his name rhymes with Ooter, told me you like these exhausts. LOL.... I'm gonna try an get it put on the bike by Thursday. Tomorrow will be the day for cleanup and high heat paint.
    Buell race exhaust7.jpg
    Last edited by lancruza; 07-12-2023 at 11:17 AM.

Is that a factory race exhaust?

Quote Originally Posted by c3powil View Post
    Is that a factory race exhaust?
    Yes. It. Is.

I do like the factory race muffler. While a really simple design, and not the most powerful exhaust out there, I do like the sound and look of them. A lot.

I currently have a converted Drummer on my bike in perfect shape, or I'd be all over this. How is the bottom of it? Does it have the typical Buell dent in the lower front? Nice score!

CoOter is a jerk. He is an instigator and a trouble maker. He convinced me to sell off my other motorcycles and buy this crappy Yamaha R3 for track days. He is a menace and my bank account has been suffering as a result.
    Now I need to go figure out the logistics for a Buttonwillow weekend on the 22-23rd. Damn him.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 07-12-2023 at 03:40 PM.

I have one on my SX I may be selling. The noise has gotten more tolerable, but I never had any problems with the stock exhaust on my X.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Yes. It. Is.

I do like the factory race muffler. While a really simple design, and not the most powerful exhaust out there, I do like the sound and look of them. A lot.

I currently have a converted Drummer on my bike in perfect shape, or I'd be all over this. How is the bottom of it? Does it have the typical Buell dent in the lower front? Nice score!

CoOter is a jerk. He is an instigator and a trouble maker. He convinced me to sell off my other motorcycles and buy this crappy Yamaha R3 for track days. He is a menace and my bank account has been suffering as a result.
    Now I need to go figure out the logistics for a Buttonwillow weekend on the 22-23rd. Damn him.
    Yeah, it has the dent on the bottom, right up front. I had a 12SS I bought back in 09 when Harley pulled the plug. I put a factory race pipe on it. I sold the bike a few years later. I always liked the race pipe. Fast forward to now. I have an 09 Cherry Bomb XB9SX that I purchased about 5 years ago. It came with a Jardine. Not a fan at all of the Jardine. This one popped up yesterday about 25 miles from me. It's solid. A smidge of surface rust that I lightly sanded off. I was gonna paint it black, but decided to leave as it is. I put it on the CityX this morning. She sounds MMEAN now.

Yay! I'd call that win! Good score 'Cruza and anything that makes 34:19 jealous is a cherry on the top Muahahaaaa....