Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 2-stroke oil experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloomshadow
    he said he had tried another one called "Gold-somethingorother".. he said for him, it wasn't has good and ran dirty.
    Could be PJ1 Goldfire Pro. I used to run it in my mx bikes.

I am accepting rep points
    shameless hussy :D alright +1

by god it is with pleasure that I say, hot damn it's drinking a lot less fuel than it used to
    just did the math today very nice

yes, its true.

I want to try this. I have Red Line synthetic 2 stroke oil. Should I try that or get something else? I want to get the 60 weight oil as well. It will be triple digits for the next few months here. I am just getting things together, so when my cast is taken off my right arm, I am back riding.

you could try it.. 2-cycle for air cooled seems to be favored over liquid cooled 2-cycle just to keep things cleaner.

I decided to give this a shot on my blast. The bikes a 07, basically stock with a drilled exhaust, open airbox mod and that's it motor wise (for now 😎). I put about 4 cap fulls into a about 1/2 tank and I noticed a big difference in mid/top range power. Before I would have to switch down to fourth to pass on the highway cruising around 70 and now it pulls strong in 5th. I figured that worked pretty well that at my next fill up I put in a full 1oz with about 2.5 gallons on a full tank. To my surprise she didn't seem to like that much. My lower end seemed to want to stumble a bit and not pull as hard. So today I'm going to put a gallon of fresh fuel in my tank and see how she goes. That will put me to about a 1/2oz per tank. I'm using some blue bottle 2 stroke oil from Walmart for air cooled small engines. I think it's called premium but I can't remember. I'll check later.

1oz : 4gal seems to be the ideal mixture.

Okay, I have read the whole thread and have a couple questions.

1. I have some Motul 600 2T 2-stroke pre-mix for my old KTM (liquid cooled bike).....anyone use this stuff and would I still mix it 1-2oz per tank for my Blast and 1125R?

2. I also have an other carbureted sportster, would this mix ration work well in that too. Haven't seen any feedback regarding carbureted bikes.

This is awesome, riding bikes for almost 30 years and never heard of this, but I am willing to try it out on all my bikes (6 total now).

Thanks everyone.
    Jeremy

I was talking with a friend and he asked if anyone has done any type of oil analysis like a Blackstone Lab. Diesel guys submit these for analysis every oil change and they can determine metal wear, engine coolant, water, and all sorts of other things. They can test gas engines as well as diesels. This might be a good way to get a real good look at how healthy your engine is. If you provide a clean sample of the oil you use they can determine the proper mileage interval too and how deteriorated the oil has become from the miles on the engine.

Just wanted to provide everyone that there is another method of verifying/validating that using 2-stroke oil in gas tanks is okay. I know some people are looking for hard facts vice seat of pants results or calculated increases in fuel mileage.

Here is the link to their website: http://www.blackstone-labs.com/

BeDaring08 - I'm also going to try this out on my Blast before I jump into other bikes. I think your is carbureted too if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast