Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2-stroke oil experiment.

Thanks man,
    I wouldn't even bother with MMO in the crankcase, its good like it is. .. besides, you may want a "baseline" experience so if you add MMO later, you will know what changed.

Well, when I was giving the low down to my Hot Rod buddy his comment was "The proof would be in the added gas economy, if the economy goes up that means that efficiency went up.. when efficiency goes up, that only can happen when things are working better, and never when things start working WORSE".. after he said that I could not find any fault in his reasoning.

so far, I have only seen 20w-60 in Redline and Amsoil.. you can always order it if you have to.

so has fuel economy increased? It doesn't take much to make a marked difference in fuel consumption in these bikes. For example my bike was positively 50-55 mpg no matter what before my ebr ecm and directly after the swap 40-45.owned the bike 3 years before and 3 years after ecm change and this mpg held true. I get gas the same place every time I go for a ride.(excluding maybe 5 times the entire time I've owned the bike which included a 99 octane fill up which was a 60+mpg tank and the bike ran awesome! ) So if this tiny (relative)fuel map change makes an obvious and constant 10mpg shift then, I would think yoru 2 cycle improvements would be obvious after 1 or 2 tanks of fuel. Especially since you're claiming so many other gains.

Im not the one that is making these claims, I am just reading about the claims other guys who have tested it and checking it out. Read the link to the hot rod forums I posted up top.

At another forum a guy who ran it in his Harley claim almost a 10% increase in fuel economy.. I cant back his results up though. Im just running it and enjoying it.

Not to hi-jack…
    but I'm only getting 35MPG in my CR? (Manually calculated, EBR ECM, Barkers) Normal? Do I drive like an A-hole?? I'm going to start using the oil and see what the diff is.

You very well may drive like a ahole!
    But the Xb12's and9's get better gas millage..Around 50mpg

Ok I took the 1203 out today. I was real hot today so I did some street and some highway at 80mph. The bike sat for maybe 4 - 5 days and when I went to start it, it just gave a backfire, it did that twice, third time fired right up and ran normally for the rest of the day. Started normally also.

It was throwing a lot of heat off the right side like 1203s always do (more so than the 984).. it started to get deceleration popping as always. (my 984 no longer has this) ... other than this, it ran beautifully .. nice top end and everything.

on the 1203 I am at about 2oz per tank.. the hot rod guys say that sometimes it takes a few tanks to clear things up. Ill just keep it like it is for the next few tanks and see what happens.

I'm trying this as well. Using mmo and I'm pretty sure the cr is now running hotter. Is this normal?

I just bought the Pennzoil Marine TC-W3 Preamium Plus 2 -Cycle which was recommend by the hot rod guys for liquid cooled engines. I have to go get gas tomorrow and I'll throw in 1 oz. in my 1125CR and let everyone know how that goes. I'm not gonna lie I'm a little scared to try anything in the gas i don't want anything bad to come up or happen.

12SS, what you are doing is nothing in terms of risk. a 1125 will suck down 1 oz of that like nothing.. that may not even be enough to do anything.

99 ... MMO isn't 2-cycle, guys burn MMO all the time. Im not sure what that would do but I don't think it would cause any additional heat. Its just sewing machine oil, naphtha and wintergreen oil. Some guys use it but I don't think it would as good as 2-cycle oil. 2-cycle exists for the sole purpose of being burned in fuel. MMO was a used as carbon deposit solvent.

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast