Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: 2-stroke oil experiment.

Those cars with multiple o2 sensors have heated sensors. Like I said before, at a 500:1 ratio I doubt it is making any difference,esp with a heated o2.

Changing the voltage values for the o2 is just telling the computer to accept a richer a/f value as low, mid and high points. Change the values, burn them, reread the eeprom to make sure they burned properly (I have had them be off after burning them) of correct ride the bike for a couple days and notice the difference. Don't reset the afv or anything. Of you don't like it just change the values back, burn, check and continue on like it was before the change.

Edit: I live further south than you, in ft. Myers. I have found changing the o2 settings has eliminated the lean surge in closed loop. Best modi have done to any of my Buells.

hum.. now you got me thinking that I could have been running lean in the heat... maybe that's why we had opposite reactions to the oil?

More fuel = better top end lubrication. Try changing the o2 settings and stop using the 2 stroke oil for a while.

You can also try a little paraffin wax. Melt down approximately 5 ounces and pour it into a full fuel tank. It will clean the O2 sensor from the inside and remove ethanol deposits. You can buy 1 lb on Amazon for about $9 bucks. The price vs performance gains you will feel is off the charts. I've heard gains of 10-15 hp and my buddy said it stopped this annoying ticking noise in the drivetrain. It also helped him with his OCD and he stopped his incessant bitching.

DualDad you could be very right... that's gonna be the next step of the test. It may just be a lean condition that a lot of us have .. something we can compensate for with programming. Thing is that my 1203 is running the Buell race ecm.. will ecmspy give me the access I need to change the O2 settings?

As far as ecmspy and a race ecm you'll have to research that on your own. I've heard good and bad, no idea what version of ecmspy was used. I personally have a stock ecm tuned by xopti.

I tuned my 04 XB12S, K&N air filter, Breather reroute, Hawk exhaust, NKG plugs and the 2-cycle still made a noticeable difference in top end torque and smoothed out idle. I was going to report on fuel economy but my fuse for the dash popped right before fill up so I lost my trip mileage. Will report on next fill up.

I also changed my oil in both holes to the Redline 20W-60. First ride was commute to work, same drive as always, but about 10 degrees warmer than it has been and when I shut her down....NO FAN! Have been data logging and when I compared before and after the CLT was around 10-15 degrees cooler even with the higher ambient temperature. Never had that happen when ambient temperature was in the high 80's when running Mobil or Royal Purple 20W-50 Synth. Royal Purple seemed to make the normal engine chatter louder or more pronounced. Clutch also seems to be smoother when shifting with the Redline. I am sold on the Redline.

I just went from 1 oz to 3 oz MMO per tank in my 07 Tiger 1050. With 1oz I have noticed an almost %9 percent gain in fuel economy. Strangely it get's almost the same MPG as my ULY. I have also just changed the oil in the tiger and went with 15w-50 Silver cap Mobil 1. With 3 oz of MMO I noticed the bottom end at 2K RPM torque on the Tiger has greatly improved, not sure about the top end as I dirty my pants before pushing any limits. The Tiger actually thumps more at lower rpms. Appears to be starting a little faster, expect this to get better as it did on the Uly. Stock 07 Tiger suspension really sucks, really appreciate my Uly's suspension now. Getting new fork springs and a shock for the Tiger, hoping it comes close or near to a Uly suspension, or might be selling/trading it for something that can carry the weight of my wife, myself, and luggage. Well for this thread waiting for the parts before I push any top end out of it but so far, like every vehicle I own or work on: adding MMO to the gas has consistently improved mpg, performance, starting, and kept the intakes clean. Have MMO in the crankcase on the Uly, notice the oil has stayed cleaner than the cars I used in the crank, but for the Uly I notice it is dirtier than normal after 1000 miles. I might change it sooner because the MMO is prolly cleaning it out some?

LOL thought this was fitting here!!

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast