Thread: ECM droid

Quick tuning question with ECM droid can someone tell me the steps. I have read a ton of threads and can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for.

Step 1. Log data with app which I did this returns me two files .bin and .msl

Step 2. Use megalogviwer to optimize maps, this is where I'm stuck do I only need the .msl file? What else do I need to use megalogviwer to analyze my maps?

Step 3. Push maps back on to Buell ecm. Can I use the app to do this? I have used tuner pro but using the app would be handy.

For step 2, you need the MSL from your ECMDroid as well as the MSQ from the current EEPROM. Once you optimize the tables and save the new EEPROM to txt, it will also produce an .epr file. It's the .epr file that you put on your device in the /org.ecmdroid/files/eeprom/ folder. Then in ECMDroid you open the epr file (load eeprom) and burn it to the ECM via bluetooth.

Hey folks,

Hope all is well - I am new here. Got a 2008 Uly XT and an ECM Droid bluetooth dongle I bought last fall but just got around to playing with it. Any idea why 0000 and 1234 would not work to pair the dongle with Android devices (a phone and a tablet)? I emailed ECM Cables guys but figured either I am the only one with this issue or not.

A more serious issue is that the bike won't start after its second long cold winter (no issues last year though, stored in an outdoor shed both times). Shotgun blasts coming out of the exhaust every time I try to start it. I will drain old gas and add fresh fuel, but that's questions I may have to ask in a different thread. I was going to check if there's anything I might learn from the dongle first...

Thanks for any helpful advice.

Tolson