Thread: X1 JW Speaker 8700 Evolution 2 LED Headlight Mod

Hi all...
    I'm a fairly new Buell owner, having picked up a 2000 X1 a few months back....it had the usual upgrades in place from the previous owner, such as a race ecm, Buell racing exhaust, forcewinder intake, and a few cosmetic upgrades....or what he thought was upgrades (I'll leave my custom Kydex undertail for another post ;-) )

I have always liked the style of the big sealed beam style light the tubers are equipped with, but after riding this rocket at night....I was left wanting something brighter, and perhaps something with a little bad a** look to it as well. While perusing options online, as well as this forum I came across a variety of Led options...for some reason the JW Speaker 8700 style halted me in my search. Marketed as a true 7" replacement bulb, I knew it wouldn't fit the factory X1 headlight housing. After much searching, and inquiring I found a 7" headlight bucket with very similar style and dimensions to the factory housing....I believe its manufacture by Emgo, and sold as a "cafe or Lucas style" 7" headlight bucket...anyway, it was a near perfect fit. I literally had the old headlight unit removed and the new one installed in 10 minutes with zero modifications, other than cutting and taping up the Buell factory city light that was no longer needed.

Id love to hear what you all think...I have yet to give it a real trial at night, but I'll be sure to post an update asap.

Jeff (teet)

It looks great. Nice find

love it! Ive been wishing they made something like this to fit into my V-rod housing.

Thanks guys, appreciate it....I love it so far!

Jeff (teet)

You'll love it. I'm running one on my cafe' style XB. They put out nice light and get noticed during the day, helps others see me. And kickass at night. As odd as this sounds, they are great in the rain. The LED's run so cool water doesn't leave spots like it does evaporating off a hot incandescent lens. Keeps the lens clear and bright in the wet.

Enjoy it. Your bike looks nice.

You'll love it. I'm running one on my cafe' style XB. They put out nice light and get noticed during the day, helps others see me. And kickass at night. As odd as this sounds, they are great in the rain. The LED's run so cool water doesn't leave spots like it does evaporating off a hot incandescent lens. Keeps the lens clear and bright in the wet.
    Dang, it looks even better on your XB!! I never thought about the lack of heat when it comes to riding in the rain, but it makes perfect sense. Thanks for the comments!

Jeff (teet)

Hey guys,
    so I'm trying to get this headlight to work on my Honda 919 and my mechanic told me I need a new bucket.
    I saw Teet bought the Emgo one and I found it on amazon.
    Will this out house the light:
    https://www.amazon.com/Emgo-Lucas-St...light+Shells+7

Thanks

I know I'm late to the party but I wanted to jump in here with my 2KM2 - I just installed an Eagle Lights (Who offer a warranty and landline customer support number) 7" Generation III W/ halo. It fit inside the stock bucket with no problems, literally a 20 min. install - I was even going to do a fancy video, but it was so simple and straightforward I didn't bother. Resulted in a cool, subtle update to the look of the bike, and significantly brighter headlight (you don't dare look this thing straight on, even in the middle of the day). Quick note: the EMGO Lucas 7" Bucket suggested in this thread did NOT fit this light, and it was a poor fit on the tube frame Buell forks. The OEM / Stock bucket and this light literally "clicked" together.

Link to the particular light I used, because I really liked the day running halo (The halo turns off when the high beam is turned on - do NOT look directly into that high beam):

https://www.eaglelights.com/collecti...lack-halo-ring

Some Pics:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GenesisClimber; 10-08-2019 at 04:49 AM. Reason: IMG Tag

Looks good !

Really good. But some $$

I still might though. I hate the cheap one I got, maybe I should step up with these big boys and get a real headlight