Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Much?

Hey all, I haven't been posting in quite some time, but that is because my life has been busy for a while.... Anyway, I hate to say it, but I am contemplating selling my pride and joy, but would like some input from y'all as to what a fair asking price is??.....I am looking for realistic numbers here... not imaginary numbers that only make sense to your budget :) I don't want to give it away, but I also know that it isn't in "PERFECT" condition. Blue book says $4500 in excellent condition... I would say mine is in good condition.

Details:

2008 Buell 1125R ~36K miles

modifications/ accessories
    Owner’s manual
    Maintenance manual
    Black Pazzo brake & clutch levers (standard length)
    EBR ECM
    K&N air filter
    Keda RT3 muffler
    Techspech grip pads (frame, airbox, buckle guard)
    integrated brake light/ rear signals (XBlights.com)
    Buell Select rider and passenger seats
    1125R engraved master cylinder covers (knight designs)
    Blue OEM (2009) windscreen
    Buell OEM fairing lowers w/ all mounting hardware
    Integrated front signals (using parking lights)
    carbon fiber heel guards on swingarm
    5-0dro axle sliders (front and rear)

Stock equipment I still have
    Mirrors
    ecm
    seats

Services
    *all regularly scheduled maintenance intervals have been met. last serviced 9/2013 for 36K service.
    *All work done by either Santa Fe HD/ Buell (Santa Fe New Mexico) or Thunderbird HD/ Buell (Albuquerque, NM)
    *always used HD screaming eagle full synthetic oil

The bad
    -Low fuel light malfunctions. Almost always on. Known issue for this model year, will replace before sale
    -minor scrapes in some of plastics from slow speed drop and saddle bags I had installed for limited time.

The reason (not that it is pertinent)
    I have moved to another state (Texas), become a father, and am purchasing a new home soon. I have limited riding time as of late, and the money could be better spent (more rationally spent at any rate) on other needs (house, bills, etc.)

any help appreciated.

Id be into the select seats if in good condition & you want to part with them.
    Also the levers.

PM me, I need to replace mine so my offer will be fair.

your probably looking at $3-4k max because some would term that "high" mileage.

Where are you located? There's several posted for less than $4k across the USA

UMDterm13- PM'd you. to answer your question about my location, I am currently in Fort Worth, TX.

I assumed $3-4K max. I don't know that I would even be willing to take less than $3.5K for the bike though. I don't need the money THAT much... its paid off and insurance is cheap.

I just haven't seen 1125's pull decent prices around my area (PA) in such a long time. I am not sure what the 1125 market is around your place but id think you would list for 3700-3800 and hope for 3300-3500. With 36k miles and a drop im not sure you will get much more than that. It's probably a keeper at this point in time.

^spot on, one on east coast near us with 21k & more parts has sat for a few months already

I'm in Fort Worth and from what I have seen R's and CR's are being advertised (not sold) around $4300-5000 and have a third or fewer miles than yours. I've been in Fort Worth for almost four years and can count on one hand the number of Buells I have seen.

Mriulvr- ya, it was a loud statement when I went to get it inspected and the inspector didn't know what a Buell was...and he was a rider too. I see them very rarely here.

PM responded

agfish18 - When I went to get my parking permit for work I had the same issue. The lady who was issuing the permits grew up around bikes. Her dad has been a HD owner for decades. Not only had she never heard of Buell but Buell wasn't in the system. She ended up registering my XB12S as a HD. :p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast