Thread: EEPROM firmware

Hi Everyone!

I just bought an '06 xb12r. I'm a lil confused about the firmware code for my ECM. It is printed with "FOR RACE USE ONLY" on the ECM but Tunerpro says it's a BUEGB which should be a standard ECM from 2004.

Also Ecmspy mono unregistered wasnt wanting to connect to the bike when i selected the race ecm option. it just timed out...

Thx Sean

BUEGB is the EEPROM version of the software your ECM is running. BUEGB "For race use only" means they purchased the ECM from the HD dealer that is designed to be used with the factory race muffler. Every ECM will have an EEPROM software version of what they are running. EBR, stock, race, or custom tuned. You have a factory race ECM; not the stock.

Sorry can't help you on Ecmspy. I don't use it.

Hi Sean, when you connected with ECMSpy for Mono, which race option did you select? If you tried "Buell Factory Race & EBR Race", try changing it to "Buell Stock (& some EBR ECM).

You can also try "Buell Pro Series" if that doesn't work.

FYI: each ECM has a calibration ID that identifies the eeprom type (stock, race) and/or region.
    This is stored at offset 0x5 and is visible in the TunerPro Parameter Tree under Scalars -> Calibration ID. Yours is probably 101 (0x65 hex).

Thx lawdog, I was looking at the list on the xopti site. It seemed odd for the ECM to be both an '04 (which it is not), and a race ECM. The bike has a k&n and a d&d, Fun! I just did the airbox delete and breather reroute, funner!! :)

Do you use TunerPro? I haven't decided which software I like better. I have an old and new version of ECMSpy, TunerPro RT, ECMdroid and megalog viewer. So far I've just done tps reset and eeprom save. I just got a new batt for my laptop so I'll be dataloging soon. And a WB o2 is high on my list! This is so fun! I've had my head buried in mechanical diesel injection for so long the last gas cars I had were '80's models.

ReadyXB, the Buell stock worked. It was timing out with the race selection. That was adding to my head scratching! So I should just use the selection that works if I'm using ecmspy mono even if doesn't see that it is clearly printed on the outside of the ecm? ;^)

Also, the for the cable. I just bought that from you in case you didn't recognize my username..

Sean

I don't use TunerPro either. I do it by hand with Excel spreadsheet and Hex data. Old school. LOL. Wideband is a must if you want to tune. I have posted many times on here about tuning with my wideband if you search around. Have fun!

Brett

Quote Originally Posted by seancrete
    Also, the for the cable. I just bought that from you in case you didn't recognize my username..
    I sure did! I'm glad to hear that you are having success and are diving into the world of tuning.
    Quote Originally Posted by seancrete
    ReadyXB, the Buell stock worked. It was timing out with the race selection. That was adding to my head scratching! So I should just use the selection that works if I'm using ecmspy mono even if doesn't see that it is clearly printed on the outside of the ecm? ;^)
    Yes. The ECM type selection determines what baud rate (among other things) that ECMSpy will use for ECM communications. If the baud rate is incorrect, ECMSpy cannot connect. Certain race ECMs communicate at 19200 baud, but yours and stock ECMs are 9600 baud.

Hex data! That's macho!!