Thread: Trouble idling only when warming up

I have 2009 stock blast with 4500 miles. Have had it for a month now. Don't know if the owner before rode it in the winter

So it will turn over fine. It will just bog down then idling and warming up. I can give it throttle to keep it up and it'll stay idling fine once it warms up good, and sometimes it'll start fine and not die but still idle low when started but that's about it

I threw an iridium plug in it and it immediately would idle really really low and then die and I would have to watch it for a good minute and give it throttle to keep it running, so I threw in the old plug that same day since something isn't right. I just need some direction to figure out what to check and look for

O2 sensor.

There is no O2 sensor

Quote Originally Posted by Mrivera95
    I threw an iridium plug in it and it immediately would idle really really low and then die and I would have to watch it for a good minute and give it throttle to keep it running, so I threw in the old plug that same day since something isn't right.
    What did the "old" plugs look like when you pulled them? Specifically, how do they look after first starting the bike and letting it idle rough for a minute or so? Are they clean, covered in black soot, etc?

Since it runs fine once warmed up, I wonder if the Auto-Enrichener might not be working properly?

I'm having the same problem, I just installed the superboot, but my 09 blast starts fine but until it gets warm it will "spit" out of the carb.I don't know a lot about motorcycles or carbs .One thing I can put my finger over the bottom left hole in the carb and bike seems to run better ,would that mean anything?

One thing you can check, it the idle screw, after its warmed up, ( you need an rpm meter, Briggs and Stratton makes one for single cylinder engines, you hold the tip of this tool onto the spark plug wire, and) adjust the rpm to 1200.
    I'm having the same problem, just rode it 1000 miles, no problems till I put some oil in it, thinking it was low, put too much, then bleh all that excess oil right in the carb, probly fouled the plug and will have to clean the carb good, changed the oil, new filter, but won't idle, going to check the plug tonight and swap a known good (new) carb to see, also, buy a breather filter and stick it on the breather hose inside the air box, that will reduce the amount of oil mist your putting back in the carb.

Update, Fix the problem last night, the manifold side of the intake boot was torn.
    Pulled the carb and looked in there with a flashlight. Put a new boot on, starts and runs excellent.
    Would be cool to come up with a new intake system that bolts on instead of these band clamp things.

I'm working with Sudco, to come up with something better.