Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I have 4k what to buy

I got an XB9SX in mint shape...its gotta go...i was asking 4500 for a member im in NJ, pm me for more!

hey Matteson, what all have you already had? Getting bored?

I'd find a CR. But it sounds like you want an XB12 anything but Xmodel.
    You should keep looking till you find exactly the one you want. They aren't too hard to find. There's actually a pristine 2008 xb12r in my area for around $3900.
    http://greensboro.craigslist.org/mcy/4998139031.html
    Honestly, if I had $4k burning a hole through my pocket for a bike I knew I was just going to toy with for a season, I'd find an RC51 or a DUC. A 916 or a 748.
    But that's me.
    Anyway, take your time and try not to make a hasty purchase. Don't forget the lessons you learned with that zx10!
    Curious to see what you finally end up with.

Looked at c51's they fetch too much money and will only imagine those prices to be going up.
    Rode a Duc 748 and wasn't impressed. Everyone at the gas station was though. Very sexy. Very weak.
    I would do a naked Monster. But budget won't allow for the newer ones.
    I have had 9's and wanted more power so I got the 1125. But that bike was just ugly. No way around it. But the power plant was the best!
    I just think an xb12 is going to be slow enough yet powerful enough with just enough character and soul. Air cooled, belt drive. Plus the bike in kc comes with textile saddle bags and the buell passenger seat bag. I just forgot if the riding position on the r was slouched and cramped?
    Isn't the size the same as the 1125r meaning frame and seat?
    I would really like that bike in Greensboro! But what about pipe and ecm? I am not that great with Tunerpro.

1125 has more room, frame is slightly longer/wider, foot position little different.

You could always get a super sport, I get that the 1125 is comfy & power is actually useable being lower in the revs but it's no match for outright power those import bikes crank out. Liquid cooled means lots of competition as well.

I'm sure any XB 12 will be fine for you. The 9 is easily swapped for a 12 motor mind you. Should those be your only options (cheaper insurance too)

True on the insurance! I don't know how my insurance company classifies my Buell but I only pay $6 a month! I will not start to question why!
    And honestly, power wise I find myself missing the top end rush of a liter bike from time to time but the amount of fun I have on my XB12r below 100mph makes up for it.
    The riding position is totally personal. What I mean is, I've ridden my bike from the GRENC area to Buffalo NY twice in it's lifetime. I didn't mind laying on the tank, being tucked in and what not. I kind of prefer that position over sitting upright. My legs did feel cramped though. But I'm sure you're not looking to tour or anything on your xb. And if you are, mine has a stock seating position. You can change the seat, bars, rear sets and pegs if you want to customize the seating position for you. I've had my bike almost 10 years, bought it brand new, in the 42k I've put on it I've never really given changing the seating position a thought.
    Also just a side note for the heck of it. There's an old mom and pop honda dealer close to me that has a survivor 2003 rc51. It's the Nicky Hayden addition. TOTALY stock with less than 50miles. They want $6500 for it last time I talked to them. Sure they'd take 6. Kinda wish I had that kind of extra dough laying around!
    Good luck with your hunt!

1125CR
    and
    you
    know
    this,
    man!

Got rid of the 1125r to get a zx10r.
    The 1125 had plenty of room and the ninja did as well. But water cooled hp isn't that important because my license is more important than smoking everything on the road. Hence the Ninja is gone.
    I forgot if the 12r was cramped or not that's all.

The most fun I have ever had on two wheels was on my xb.

XB9 will keep you under 135 mph and have fun all over that range.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123