, http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m631/turboph1sh/2009%20buell%20xb12r/img_20150424_202122712.jpg, http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m631/turboph1sh/2009%20buell%20xb12r/de96ab25-7699-41dc-8988-0b007e7f2099.jpg, primary, power, selling, planning, keeping, stock, miles, original, thing, blast, shape, putting, changing, buell, exhaust, engine" /> New Member Here - '09 XB12r
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Member Here - '09 XB12r

Hey everyone,

I am a new member as well as a new owner!

I just picked up my first buell , a 2009 XB12r. This thing is a blast! I picked it up from the original owner with around 1300 miles on it. Its in very good shape with some mods on it as well.

Currently it has a Jardine exhaust, EBR race ECM, and K&N filter. I plan on putting everything back to stock, changing the engine and primary oil as well as the spark plugs and a new factory filter. Thought about doing the breather mod, but will just keep an eye on it for now.

I am keeping the race ecm, and filter for later when i want some more power, but am planning on selling the Jardine if anyone was interested.

Now onto the pics!

Congrats, and welcome, but you going to miss that music your bike makes!

Welcome!
    If the bike is running good the way it is set up I would just leave it alone. Some people have had issues when switching back and forth between different ECMs and what not. However, it is your bike. Do what you want!
    If you have previous experience with Buells then you already know what to expect. If not, go to buellmods.com and download a service manual.
    Good luck!

Currently it has a Jardine exhaust, EBR race ECM, and K&N filter. I plan on putting everything back to stock...I am keeping the race ecm, and filter for later when i want some more power, but am planning on selling the Jardine if anyone was interested.
    Welcome,

I'd be inclined to treat the pipe, race ECM & filter as a package, assuming of course your EBR ECM is pre-programmed for the Jardine pipe.

If you're selling the pipe, you may as well let the ECM & filter go with it as those 3 mods really work best when installed together. I'm not sure how much advantage there'd be in re-installing the race ECM with the stock pipe at some point in the future. You can always just remap the stock ECM later if you like...

Welcome!
    If the bike is running good the way it is set up I would just leave it alone. Some people have had issues when switching back and forth between different ECMs and what not. However, it is your bike. Do what you want!
    If you have previous experience with Buells then you already know what to expect. If not, go to buellmods.com and download a service manual.
    Good luck
    I have the factory ECU it came with, what kind of issues are you referring to?

I actually just bought a service manual so Im good there!

Welcome,

I'd be inclined to treat the pipe, race ECM & filter as a package, assuming of course your EBR ECM is pre-programmed for the Jardine pipe.

If you're selling the pipe, you may as well let the ECM & filter go with it as those 3 mods really work best when installed together. I'm not sure how much advantage there'd be in re-installing the race ECM with the stock pipe at some point in the future. You can always just remap the stock ECM later if you like..
    The paper says its programmed for a D&D or drummer (I cant remember) so I was thinking of picking up one of those to complete the 3 mods.

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Idle issues, throttle response issues,flat spots in the fueling. You know typical Buell stuff.
    When and if you do change the ECM out make sure you perform a TPS reset and take the bike for about a 20min spin. This will help the ECM learn what's going on the the engine and the current rsing environment.
    My way of looking at all things Buell related; if it isn't broken, don't try to fix it!
    If you're satisfied with the way the bike performs now, leave it be. If you don't like the performance, sound or feel of the ride, then start the never ending Buell tinkering.

I love that color combo. Same as my 1125

Thanks for the insight everyone!

I have already begun removing the exhaust and have found that I don't have the 2 long bolts that go through the half moon exhaust mount and into the engine block.

Does anyone know where I can get these bolts?

Me you already texting me

Haha, yea perfect!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast