Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 03 xb9 missfire at full throttle

its the race ecm my bike has is why i can't use ecmspy. not that its an 03 my bad. do i need a stock ecm before i can use ecmspy?

I have the race kit installed and ecmspy works just fine

guess i was wrong on all accounts! not unusual. i bought the cable and added the software to my laptop awhile back and had complications i remember only seeing a blank screen on my laptop with everything plugged in.

anyway i did what i said i was going to do and rerouted the ET sensor wiring put it together and tightened down the neg batt terminal and its still acted up. figured digital technician was the next best step and the 105 price for diag isn't out of my budget. you know what, i found a good harley dealership thats really close to my house and they have corrected a few other issues with my Buell.

Im a dealership level technician myself and i know the difference the right scanner can make. they said they would be able to take a look at it in a few days so i dropped it off and will await the diagnosis. ill keep everyone updated.

i need to get one of those, "wrench, ride, repeat" stickers for my bike haha

Tps reset? I had one doing this and that cleared it.

It's a tps issue or air/fuel issue. (Pump, broken intake, injectors)

Idk, y'all somehow have a billion different issues that aren't normal haha

ok, that would make me happy if thats all it needed so i wouldn't need any new parts. although i have noticed my idle adjustment cable is badly chewed up near the coil where it contacts the cylinder head going into the throttle body. i sure hope the cable still works and they don't need to order me a new one! cause that would probably take 5 years to come in right? lol how come the tps just decides one day its going to be out of adjustment? i checked and its installed properly and looks like its been in the same spot for a very long time.

that cable is part of the throttle body assembly and isn't sold as an individual piece. you would have to find one on ebay or from someone on the forum.

http://americansportbike.com/newdir/...show&ref=17558

I think this is the part you need. If you decide to replace it. Mine did the same thing and ASB got one out to me in about 3days. I'm on the easy coast and that was faster than my dealer could get one.

just ordered it myself, thank you sir.

hopefully i can perhaps get this part to the dealer and have them install it while they have the bike torn down. I'm really looking forward to track time! but i am going to have to do some major work soon. my rear base gasket is leaking. i really wasn't going to mess with it, just kinda clean it up real good from time to time but once i found out my swing arm bearing failed due to the trail of oil that hits it from the engine leak i gotta fix that ****, I'm lazy but not that lazy! looking forward to attempting the engine tilt method. do you have to remove the front tire to do the engine tilt method or just the motor mount and bracket?

should i do the frame lift instead? I'm very capable in tight places. worked on many a diesel power stroke van, ambulance, airport shuttle ect. so if the issue with the engine tilt method is room to work, don't worry bout that girly stuff lol

Better not to remove the front tire. There's a sticky or whatever you call it in the "do it yourself mods" section that I believe is all about engine rotation. It's pretty easy.
    Did you say you had a service manual? If you don't just google buell xb engine rotation and study up. I used the manual the first couple times I rotated my engine and it's almost fool proof using the book. I can do it by memory now.
    BTW I have some base gaskets that I never used during a rebuild. They're for an 07 xb12r but I'm pretty sure they will fit your 9. Look into it. If they do fit, You have em if you want. Free. Just PM me your address and they're yours.
    I have too many little parts collecting dust. Does me no good to hold on to the stuff so you'll probably see more posts where I offer up such little parts for free to those members that need em.
    LMK

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast