Thread: My project, she's slowly getting there :) :$

Hello all I figured it was finally time to start a build thread since I've gotten a few things knocked off my list. The bike is a 06 blast: bought bone stock with 3,500 miles, crappy worn out stock tires, and a few bruises for 1600.

First on the list of many projects was fluid change, tires,handle bars, tail chop, and headlight change. 20/50 in both holes, Perelli Diablo tires, super bike bars, and a hella h4 headlight. Drove her around like that for awhile but the itch to modify was getting to me, but I had to wait tell I moved to surprise arizona from Colorado Springs.

Right before I moved to az I figured a all black bike wasn't a good idea so I paint the rear section and tank tan. Next items on the list were exhaust, rearsets, tail chop again (not finished), tune carb (waiting on snail mail) and velocity stack (if it works out diy velocity stack cost all of $3!! Besides the airfilter). I made the exhaust from plans I found on another site and I copied my rearsets from another members design.

Still need to get ahold of a xb shifter setup (anyone have one for cheap??), figure out some better foot pegs, shortie levers, finish the rear section and make the velocity stack. I'll probably drive her around like this for quite a while tell I get some money for motor work :D

Btw I know the rear hanger is missing in my exhaust picture but I do have it. It's just not in Bcs I Hane to put the stock exhaust back on until my carb parts show up in the mail. *****

Oh I guess I should introduce myself lol. I've been a member on her for awhile but I stopped posting for a few years because I was off playing with other motorcycles. My first street legal motorcycle was a Yamaha ysr50, then a buell 01buell blast, 03 firebolt xb9, 04 firebolt xb12, 03 triumph speed triple, xr400 supermoto, 2 xr600 supermotos, 02 sv650, and now back to a buell blast. I'll throw in some pictures of my rat rod vw bug to. I'm 25yrs old lived most of my life in Rockford Illinois. I moved to Colorado with some buddies when I was 24, ended up not finding much for work and wasn't happy with what I was doing. I decided to move to Arizona to go back to school for motorcycle mechanics at mmi. Lucky for me my cousin/his family moved to surprise az right around the same time I moved to colorado, so I'm staying with them tell I get back in my feet. Well enough talk I guess I'll show off my old bikes :D. All the mods you see and might not notice I did :).

Cool

Welcome back. I'm a big fan of the tan and black together. Doing the same color scheme myself. The xr's are pretty cool too

Thanks I dig it but I need to redue it because I was lazy and didn't clear coat it lol. The xrs where a ton of fun but they just couldn't handle long distant highway cruising/commuting

I like black and tans too. ;)

Is that exhaust completely custom?

Yes it is. I made the whole thing using someone else's plans. The whole exhaust cost less then $50
    http://buellridersonline.com/forum/s...light=brad%27s

Carb tuned 45/175, cv performance needle and power tube, exhaust on and velocity stack finished. I based my velocity stack off of the now discontinued American sport bike m2 velocity stack. It started out as a $3 3" to 2" pvc connector from Home Depot. I used the velocity stack from the original airbox as a template and drill the holes to match. This part is a bit tricky I messed up on my first try. The backside of the adapter doesn't sit flush so I had to sand it down tell it sat flush. To support the carb I cut out the original airbox mounting area and made a bracket to attach where the airbox use to attach to the motor.