Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Making my own axle sliders, can someone measure

I'm pretty sure the OP isn't asking for inner axle diameters....

He asked for measurements of non spooled sliders, what does the inner axle diameter have to do with non spooled sliders?
    I agree, I also think he wants measurements on the actual slider from any of the few made for our bikes. But asking for these could simply mean he wants a base for how long to make them, the diameter, etc. After he gets those he may make a 100% rep or change the design up to fit his style. We dont know, thats the point. If I was to make my own your bet your ass ill measure my 50dro sliders for a guide and then make my own changes (make them spooled, longer, more tapered, a cool design, etc. But just because I measured a product that has already been made does not mean I'm going to steal the design. Thats all I'm saying.

Maybe he had a set of calipers but his cat puked on it and ruined them, idk that either.

Im sure if you or another good standing vet asked for something like this people would jump to the thought that was jumped on here.

Holy hell.

To those with useful responses, thank you. I have a calipers, access to aluminum stock, and above and beyond every machine necessary to make them. I suppose i should have been more specific, the only dimension i really needed was the distance it protrudes from the axle to be effective. I could have easily guessed, but figured i would try this route first.

I just finished machining this breather catch can:

To those deemed "dicks," maybe ask questions before jumping right to being an asshole. In the very, very short time i have been here i have supported multiple forum sponsors with hundreds of dollars worth of purchases, including a couple members on here who make their own custom accessories (Matter & redstang). I have even given away parts i no longer needed to fellow buellers for free, which i could have easily sold for cash. So in conclusion, go be a cry baby bitch elsewhere, dick.

Mike, let me tell you from experience, it's not going to get any better. I've made some friends here, and some people here strongly dislike me and everything I do, even when my bike breaks down, they get mad at me.

By the way, I started to make my own, used ebay spools and some rod through the axle, got all the parts, then bought t-rex sliders...

Can't we all just get along :D
    There's just not enough Buellers out there to be dicks to each other. Hell, as far as I'm concerned we are all Buell brothers here and just have to remember every now and again family's bicker back and forth. Happy Buelling and safe riding everyone!

Hell the mojority of my personal projects end up costing me more then an off the shelf product, but its mine and I made it so its worth it.
    True statement for my end too.

Thank Mike, I knew standing up for you would be worth it *mike slides 20$ under the table*

We all know it wont get better and people will be people, but I just wanted to make a point for people to try not to jump to a negative opinion right off the bat.

Anyways mike, I measured my sliders and the front (1125cr) protrude .644 (before the very slight taper out) and .916 rear. This was measure with them on the bike but it gives you the idea you are looking for.

Kinda hard to measure something with your own calipers if you don't have the item in hand isnt it? lol

Thanks Loki!

Let the games begin. :D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123