Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Making my own axle sliders, can someone measure

Going to machine my own aluminum axle sliders, can someone with a set of calipers and non-spool style sliders take some measurements for me? I'd appreciate it

lol ya sure. i'll get right on it

I think a good idea would be to stop being a cheap ass and support the forum sponsors that already make them>>>

If you want to "make your own" it should be "your" design. Not one that you copied off of someone else and the product that they have spent lots of time and money on engineering and putting into production.

Dorito!

If you are going to make YOUR own sliders, make YOUR own sliders.

I measured the inside diameters for my bike some time ago. I was one of the first ones to buy the knight design sliders, this was also before 5-0 dro was making the sliders. The ones I purchased from Knight only one of them fit so I measured my bike and sent them the measurements. The rest of them were very close but they didnt quite fit. They were in the process of measuring a couple other bikes at the time as well. Apparently there was a tolerance issue with the different axles.

Even vendors needed information from several different motorcycles so I'm willing to chime in with my dimensions. I think we're all here to help each other. I do not have the width measurements but that should be fairly easy to figure out. You can design the rest of the slider yourself as I think you would want to be unique in that, but this should help you out with fitment.

Left and Right as sitting on motorcycle. Inside axle measurements from a 2004 XB12S.

Front
    -Right .674"
    -Left .885"

Rear
    -Right .879"
    -Left .804"

Just because he is asking for measurements on a already standing product does NOT mean he is going to make a 100% replica. He could be asking so he has a good base to go off of and more knowledge on fitments, stop being dicks, and a lot of times making something yourself does not in anyway mean youre a cheap ass. Hell the mojority of my personal projects end up costing me more then an off the shelf product, but its mine and I made it so its worth it.

When did this forum become full of dicks?

Mike, what bike do you need measurements for? What measurements do you need? How do you have access to a lathe and not have a caliper?

If you are going to be doing any machining invest in a caliper, they can be had for 15$ and up.
    Amazon list of calipers

:D

If he wants sliders he can use his own caliper to get his own measurements from his own bike. If he can't do that then he certainly isn't capable of machining sliders.

and Loki...cry me a river because i don't feel that this forum should tailor to someones request to copy another persons hard work and design.

When was this forum not full of dicks?:D

and Loki...cry me a river because i don't feel that this forum should tailor to someones request to copy another persons hard work and design.
    Cry? Don't give yourself that much credit there bucko. And like I stated a request for measurements is not copying anything, I hope you never use anything open sourced since using others works as a reference is copying. Granted 50dro isnt providing his design drawings but it still doesnt change the fact that you assumed to much for the request given. Measurements, not cad files, not patent files, nothing but measurements.

However I agree that if you dont have a caliper you shouldnt be doing machining work, hence the end of my post above.

Better, revised question-
    When did 2004xb12s become so self-entitled and egocentric? :P

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast