Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Got FZ-09?

been there, done that:D

I was always a fan of your bike when it was yellow. Not saying I don't like it in it's current state, just really liked the yellow.

thanks, yellow plastics are going back on, in prep for sale and re-install stock front master cylinder, rear brake reservoir and mirrors. removing to keep, the brake reservoirs, Daytona master cynlinder and the Rizoma knock off mirrors for the new bike.
    need to install the foam strip and decal to the new yellow windscreen and a good cleaning afterwards, so she shines like a new penny:D

The FZ-09 is on my short list of bikes to own. I rode one at a demo and really liked it. But it was short ride without much technical stuff, so I didn't really get to truly experience it. If they offered it with ABS, I would definitely bump it up a notch or two. Hopefully there is a later release of an ABS option for 2016.

2016 are due out in September, but no ABS...that's for the European scene and only offered in two colors: blue or black.

starting with the simple stuff tonight, plastics...then over the weekend get the other things removed and the stock stuff installed.

lead I had on getting the bike sold guess didn't work out. I'll get a craigslist ad up and a posting here on the forum, along with the parts list soon. got some other things to tend to shortly before working on the bike.

got the stock parts installed and front brake is kicking my ass at the moment with bleeding it...have I mentioned it before I hate bleeding brakes:p

anyway, got paperwork submitted to the dealer for the FZ-09, should know something tomorrow since it was late. looking at getting the matte gray, been there done that with yellow and don't care for the blurple wheels on the silver unit.

Hey Thrstmech, I have one 2015 FZ-09 gray since last Nov 2014:

:)

I like to pull the front brake bleeder screw and wrap it in teflon tape. Bleed as normal till clean fluid. Then use a syringe at the bottom filled with clean fluid. Alternatively pushing fluid down using the lever and back up using the syringe. After about 30 seconds back and forth you will push all the bubbles out one way or the other.

If I had the money i would pick one up. But I still want to ride one first. I want to make sure it has a good amount of torque and useable power.

A lot of yamaha dealers do have test drives. They have plenty of power and torque from the factory even without this turbo.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast