Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Got FZ-09?

lawdog...thanks for the tip, will try that after work...I have both large and small syringes on hand.

Route0766...cool, the dealer only had the yellow on display, the matte grey and silver ones are still in crates. How do you like the seat cowl and where did you get it from? I may pick up the Seat Concepts GP seat instead of doing a seat cowl. also looking at another instrument cluster low profile bracket from Gregg's Customs. Will install the Daytona master cylinder and both On-point Performance reservoirs that I removed from the Buell. Relocate the rear reservoir rather than hang it from the foot peg bracket.
    Did you get the ecu reflash from the dealer? There was a tech bulletin that came out in March to deal with the abrupt throttle issue from what I've been reading.

got it...

and still have the XB

Welcome to/back to Yamaha. just expect about 50x more idiots on the Yamaha forum than the buell one.

Everyone wants to know what you think about the suspension lol
    know the power is decent, I had the wheel up on accident. Thought suspension was plenty decent for what it is.

Congrats! Nice Bike!

I thought the suspension to be excellent for a city commuter. Anything other than that leaves something to be desired.. Imo.

Nice bike! I like it!
    If I was in the market.... I'd be torn between an mv agusta brutale, speed triple or fz.
    Please give us a Buell/FZ comparison when you get a chance. I'm curious to hear your impression of the bike after living with it for a little while.
    That FZ sure is a nice looking rig in stock trim!

thanks everyone, the picture doesn't do it justice neither does the Yamaha web site for any of them. you really need to see them in person. the ride home was only 10 miles, in that short distance felt the suspension was fine and the ECU reflash was done at the factory. throttle response was smooth, though it was on the standard (STD) mode setting the entire way. after the break in period, I'll play with the mode settings...only 990 miles to go :D

What are the service intervals like on that rig? Pretty much standard oil changes every 5k and valves every 12k?

600 miles: oil/filter change check bike overall condition, then every 4k or 6 month intervals...4k/6mo., 8k/12mo, etc....calls for things to be changed at stated mileage, the usual stuff, valve clearance check at every 26,600 miles. will be changing oil to 20w/50 due to temps here in Phoenix, after the initial 600 mile service. we're having 115* weather:D

26600 on valves! That's nice.
    I saw a black and yellow FZ at my local cycle gear today. Man! That thing looked pretty sweet!
    Enjoy it man. And keep us posted

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast