Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: insurance classification category

Ive searched and come across a couple of threads about this topic but it always turns into how much everyone pays for insurance. I do NOT want to know how much you are paying lets not go down that road, but how do they classify your bike. Autoowners tells me that my XB12s falls into the "high performance" category. I questioned it with my agent and she said the underwriter says they refer to traits such at top speed, fast acceleration, plastic bodywork, wide rear tire, high footpegs, and increased handling.

I was thinking of showing the differences between the firebolt and the lightning to get them to classify mine as a standard. I want to stick with auto owners because I have everything through them, car,bike, home, personal liability which become beneficial.

My insurance classified it as a super bike??? my prior bike was a Triumph TT600 and was classified as a sport tour bike, when I picked up the 12R my insurance went through the roof...

you pay to play I guess :)

you pay to play I guess
    Yea Ive had the bike for 6 years now. I havent payed attention to a lot of bills in the past. I just pay them as a fact of life. I want to at least try to knock it down a category. Worst they say is no.

Mine is classified as something other than what you guys are stating. This is the cheapest bike ive ever insured. Cheaper than my ZX-6R by a long shot and cheaper than my V-Star 1100

My insurance agent AKA my wife doesn't know. We just get a discount for being home owners and having auto. I use Progressive for my bike and it's $336 with full coverage and a $250 deductible. My coverage has higher limits than most.

im not sure on mine either... looking online it just says its under specialty auto

May not be the same but last time I checked on mine it's about engine size along with the factory classification.

I had a 04 12s, wrecked it. Rebuilt bike with a 03 9r frame. My insurance is a couple dollars a month more now because state farm considers the "R" a sport bike. The "S" was a standard.

Thanks for the replies. This is one instance where it sucks that no one knows what a Buell is.

I am through Geico. $101 a year. $250 deductible. Full coverage. $250,000 / $500,000 coverage. 2009 Firebolt. My policy does not specify what "type" of bike it is. Clean record. My homeowners and car is with someone else because it was cheaper then Geico.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast