Thread: Dyno tuning

I cannot find anyone to dyno tune my 04 xb12r I have a 90ci big bore kit, 13:1 compression, redshift cams I have gone all the way through this build and the guy who was gonna tune it now says he can't do it, I live in the Midwest and would travel as far as I need to, to get this done. Does anybody know of somebody or a shop that is capable of doing this for my bike thanks.

Man, talk about a jerk manuever on the part of dude backing out on ya. I hope the guy that said he was gonna tune it isn't the same guy that sold you the kit?
    One of the down sides to that 90ci kit is the fact that it's a PITA to tune. Least that's what I've been told.
    I wish I could help but tunning is not my strong point.
    I was just wanting to know if you'd post the name of the guy or the shop this guy works for. That way other Buellers in your area will know not to make the same mistake.
    http://xoptiinside.com
    Try the above link. Guy is kind of hard to get in touch with but he knows his stuff when it comes to tuning.
    That's about all the help I can be on this one.
    Good luck

Ok thanks man, the guy works out of a little shop he owns in Springfield Illinois I think he just uses it as his own personal shop for his toys but he came recommended by the HD shop, his words to me over the phone was "I don't deal with stuff that radical im more of a stock guy"and the build isn't that crazy at all, he calls the shop dyno pull performance

From what I've heard there's a guy in mattoon il that has a dyno and does nothing but Harley types. The guys I ride with knows who he is I'll hit them up tomorrow and find out more. I'm in charleston il ten miles from there. I was thinking about finding him to tune mine. From what I understand all of the Harley shops around send people to him for killer tunes. Margaritas have done me in for today lol.

In the past day you have posted that first you were interested in a big bore kit, then asked questions about cam selection, to now having it ready to tune. Really......

If you want a big bore kit and you are serious about this then get a good combination from Hammer Performance or similar professional builder who specializes in Buells. You need a package because with a 90 you are looking at big head work, intake work, exhaust work, cams, etc and increased need for fueling. To begin with I would turn off your closed loop and run a mixture 10% richer then what you have to be safe.

If you are dragging it I would run XB9 primary, strap the front, and try to keep that front end down. Your holeshot is going to be hard with the short wheelbase and high tq.

As far as finding a tuner. Good luck. Probably better off getting a wideband and doing it yourself. Define Midwest. Where are you?

Mike aka Xopti is in FL fyi......I would recommend him as well. I don't tune for others but will help.