Thread: direct link remapping tool

has anyone used this, and how well did work for you, and what mods did you do to your bike that you had to use this.

worked great for me.. you should be atleast slightly technically inclined, but you're using this forum so you're atleast halfway there.. I have k&n, open airbox, and d&d exhaust.. I remapped the stock ecm so this was best option.. I can give more details if you need to know

I bought a custom map from ASB, specific to my setup, but it's possible to use DL and a dyno and create your own map, based on your analysis. <-- too much work for me.... actually the only difficult part of getting the DL to work was finding a MS box that had a 9 pin male serial port.. otherwise you have to order a usb/serial adapter from Radio shack...

wish DL made a *nix platform version.. would've saved me alot of trouble... but overall it went extremely smooth, no issues whatsoever, and my bike runs alot better now.. also I can reset my TPS and AFV whenever I want.. :D

Is it true that a true Dyno can run approx 1000miles of of your tires (due to the drag)?

no

The Direct Link software is an excellent tool to remap your stock ECU IF you know what you're doing OR have access to a modified fuel map for your configuration of exhaust system and intake. I use one map for track days / racing and another for the street. Pretty convenient tool.