Thread: Oil light on/engine startin to tick

ok here the sit rep i need help with...i have an 06xb9 with about 6000miles on her. the oil light came on when i was riding so i pulled into a gas station thinking i was low on oil. i opened the oil cover to put some in and oil began pouring out. ok so it had oil in it. and i didnt think it was low anyway. so i walk the bike home (crying) and figure its probably an oil pump or gear issue. has anyone replaced an oil gear or pump before? i see where its at put am not sure how involved taking it off and looking at it will be. also how will i know if its just a bad gear? any insight is welcome. i took it to a shop and they basically told me a might be f*$kd if parts got into the engine. i agreed and thought i would take a look at it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyn9ne
    i see where its at put am not sure how involved taking it off and looking at it will be. also how will i know if its just a bad gear? any insight is welcome. i took it to a shop and they basically told me a might be f*$kd if parts got into the engine. i agreed and thought i would take a look at it myself.

You download one of the Service manuals off this site yet? They give detailed info on removal/installation.

I'm with you lefox, that was jibberish:D