Thread: Need new ecm

How much and does anyone have one they can sell me? 03 xb

Buellsterparts.com $96.....here

and remapping them isn't a big deal? id like the plug and play of a race ecm and im nervous about attemping the reprogramming with the ecm spy. am I worried for nothing?

couldn't say, you need to reach out to the more tech savvy guys on how to do it or go straight to the source of the developer of ecmspy for directions. good luck, hope you get it sorted out and back on the road soon.

ive had an offer for 300 for a tuned ecm. person states its been tuned for hawk exhaust and open air box, which is what I have. well not sure about the can but I know its aftermarket. plus shipping from Thailand. seem like a deal?
    id love some advice from the tuners on the forum as far as if I could tune a stock one and save money

$300 is high in my opinion. But you can ask that seller in Thailand to provide details on how the tune was obtained and what were the tuning goals (ie, driveability, or only dyno WOT maximum power). Other folks on the forum recommend a particular website for buying maps, but I have no experience with that person or how his data was obtained. I'm sure others can vouch.

Stock and factory race ECMs can be altered/tuned. Not sure if you were asking if it is technically possible (yes), or if you would have the knowledge to tune it.

What are your goals?? If you have the fundamentals of how engine management works, there are excellent tuning guides freely available!

my only goal is to get rid of my wot power loss.my bike always ran great. others on this forum recommend I try a new pcm as I have no codes stored when doing the manual code method but when I use ecm spy and retrieve I end up with 2 code 21's for amc stuck open and amc stuck closed. I did notice my afm was at 127 after a ride. full power and drivability unless I open the throttle alot

I'm in the sale boat! I just picked up a 2007 firebolt 1200 and I later found out that the ECM was the stock one. Right now I have the Jardine exhaust and the K&N intake....

I would like to remap it myself but I would rather not screw up my new bike....let me know what you do!