Thread: Pig Farts

A couple weeks ago I made a big ol' pot of chilli for my CR. I dropped off the stock muffler and replace it with the Keda rt-3. Holy Moly is that stock muffler huge. Big box of anti 1st amendment propaganda trying to hush my baby. I ordered the rt-3 and Dean Adams hand builds them to order, in which mine I was scheduled to take 5 to 6 weeks. So after six and a half weeks I got a tracking number and knew that the "box of piss your neighbors off" was headed to east tennessee. I was excited.

So after a few days I woke up and had seen the delivery man came through and my new slip-on was in the car port waiting for me to get my butt out of bed. The stock muffler comes off with out too much cussin. Couple bolts in back and a couple in front and a couple header clamps. The front right allen bolt sucks. Got to use right tool there. Got it off and picked up my new unpolished rt-3 y-pipe. Fitted it and the muffler on. Here you have 3 clamps and a couple hangers to install. Took me a bit but got it lined up and hanging under there.

Now a few questions I got My muffler hanger bracket I could not get it to have seperation from the engine case. Does anyone else have it fit that tight ?

Also the 2 header clamps, I got pin hole leaks. I tried torquin down and 1 clamp bolt broke on me. I fabbed it up with the stock clamp bolt and got it back on there. Still though I feel if maybe I get a heavier duty clamp maybe it would solve my pin hole leaks. Any recommendations on straps to get for this ?

Alrighty, so I got it all torqued down and rolled it out of the carport to fire it up. I gave the command to open up the injectors and she roared out of her slumber. Loudest bike I ever had. At idle she thumps. After it warms up and the idle drops, then the bike sounds great at idle. When she is warm and the rpm slows a hair, the high compression gives that "cammed sound." This is when it sounds like a helicopter before take off. She pushes some air out of that tip. I have had 2 people jump as if they just stepped on a snake when they were standing right where the tip exhales when I started it. So definitely louder than my shadow 1100 with v&h long shots. Even louder than my old cb 900 that was a quad straight pipe exhaust. Going down the road it sounds good and is very loud. This v twin definitely rocks. Nothing like the inline 4's. I recommend ear plugs for sure. After a few rides, I have gotten use to it. Cops will absolutely know you are coming.

Now I ran across that Dean used to make some kind of quiet core. Have not found pics of them or anything, but am interested in seeing pics if anyone has any. Dean said he hasn't made any in a long time and that it dropped the sound an entire 2 to3 db ! Lol.

Well I am an Union Electrician. A call in Southern Indiana was put out and I just had to take it. 38.87 and hour. 6-10's plus what ever you gross, another 20.2% more is contributed to our pension. If anybody has worked in East Tennessee they know that kind of money doesn't come around often there, if ever. So I am on the road, and bike is at the house. Probably will bring my shadow up here eventually. Too pretty to not be riding. So there is my experience with buell exhaust. Hope this helps anyone looking. Also thank you anybody who may have info and could help me.

I only clicked on this because it said pig farts, but wasn't a bad read!

where the hell is the pig farts?

Small leakage is normal. Don't worry about it. It was tuned exactly like that by EBR back in 2010, nothing's changed since then, although I do have a modification to the mounting arrangement that will be forthcoming. I have someone local that agreed to be the 1st to have this setup. We'll see how that goes in a few weeks I think. Btw, yes, the fit to the motor should be pretty close/tight.

Tons of threads called "buell exhaust." Something different.

Also if any1 is interested in becoming an electrician, feel free to pm me with your location. I can hook you up with the number to the closest union hall. Not a bad gig if you like working with your hands and your head. Just got to have a credit of algebra from H.S. or college

Pig farts is a play on pigs or hogs=harleys and buell was made made harley. Farts is exhaust. Not funny when I got to explain I guess

Cool Dean. I know there is lots of exhaust pressure due to the compression. Which makes 100% seal hard to accomplish without gskets. Hope to see your mount arrangement mod when you get it tested. Any pics of the old quiet cores you used to make ?

I got my rt3 to seal up 100% through three tries at exhaust sealant. Was losing power with air leaks where it met header. Now she sounds and runs pefect. Also dean I would have loved a small how to included in the box with my rt3. Too much money to spend to guess on install for my type a brain.