Thread: Xb9 2003 02sensor fault?

Hi all, has anybody had any issues with the 02 sensor? If I disconnect mine my rough idle and poor running seem to almost disappear, also I would have thought the engine management light should come on but doesn't , is this normal? And could the sensor be at fault with this problem?

Okay, the rough idle is because of the closed loop idle function. It's constantly hunting trying to adjust fuelling ar idle. So yeah, for a lot of people that's normal depending on what you consider "rough" idle. The problem of unplugging it, no it won't trip a cel until it's trying to go into closed loop learn. It won't set it off at idle until you are in closed loop. It takes a decent amount of time for some bikes to go into closed loop at idle. I have my closed loop idle disabled so I can run it a bit richer at idle without the ecm trying to adjust it. Read through the ecmspy manual online and it'll give you a better understanding of how the ecm functions. Your issues are pretty typical. There are countless threads about smoothing out the idle on the xb's. Just Google buell xb idle, smoothing idle, square idle, idle tuning.