Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dyno time

Put the beast on the dyno for a baseline run last thursday. I wanted to see where the AFR's were since installing the big bore kit. Dyno sheet shows 91whp and 78 lb-ft with the AFR's in the 14 range thru the entire run. Its scheduled to go in for a tune on the 2nd but the tuner has worked a few buells and says itll make 100 easily. Once its tuned I will post up the maps for "Refrence".

I have seen a few guys on here that say they have maxed out there injectors with bolt ons so we shall see if its enough injector with the new FPR.

Current Mods:
    Big bore kit (1250) w/ 10.5:1 pistons, Race ECM, Drummer exhaust, Energy 1 clutch, delphi FPR swap, k&n and the breather mod.

https://youtu.be/c2LF6ljbgEY

Thoughts?

Love it. Can't wait to see what she does after a proper tune!

Who and where is the tuner that actually knows what they're doing with a Buell? That's valuable info in this community!

Who and where is the tuner that actually knows what they're doing with a Buell? That's valuable info in this community!
    This is still to be determined lol. Once I see the final result I shall share this info.

Gotcha!
    Either way it goes... .....share when you're ready.

With my big bore kit and increased psi fpr I am running around 9% more fueling and still a little lean up top and rich in the high tps/ mid rpm region. I am still in the break in period so not going too crazy and have only datalogged the front cylinder so far. With yours I would imagine you will see some nice gains with increased fueling at WOT. I was surprised at how lean mine was even with 9% more fueling (at higher psi)!

Bigger Injectors the main difference is the spray angle. The buell injectors are front/rear cylinder specific as the spray angle is directed straight down the intake runners of the TB. These bigger injectors are straight spray, but they will work. I think Eric Z runs them on his turbo buell. You can get 42 lb/hr, 60 lb/hr, or 80 lb/hr at the specified 3 bar (43.5 psi). The stock buell injectors are somewhere around 30 lb/hr at 49 psi (which is stock buell fuel pressure). The biggest problem you have with higher fuel pressure and bigger injectors is you start having issues with flow rates at idle on low throttle. The injectors have a hard time reacting fast enough to not over fuel. But at the top end you are fine. Or like lawdog said, rich on the bottom and lean up top. If you look at an xb 12 fuel map, from the get go some of those upper throttle positions are already in the 230 range on the bit data. Now 255 being the max, it won't go any higher. In the bit data 255 is 100%. That's why ebr put out the higher pressure regulator. Now it's a 450 kpa fpr. That is 65 psi!!! Now you have to factor in duty cycle and what the injector can handle. I think you are better off going with a bigger injector if you need more fuel and leave the stock fpr in there. HOWEVER, any adjust mental to fuel pressure or injector flow rate requires an entire remap. Reason being, those values in the fuel maps represent pulsewidth and how long the injectors are staying open. With more fuel being put in, you won't need as much pulse with. Your xb12 fuel map will stat looking more like a xb9 fuel map which generally is 9-10% less.

Spot on advice! My fuel map even with bolt ons maxed out my stock injectors and my mapping was completely different. I haven't done too much datalogging and tuning with the wideband yet (since the big bore kit) as I am still doing my break in and haven't had much time to ride. I will be gone for several weeks for work too. Ugghhh

I think you will be ok with your setup. You may be close to 100% at WOT/max rpm but from looking at my datalogs I know I haven't maxed out yet and it doesn't look like I will. It will be close. Once I get the kit broke in more I can do some more red line runs and see.

The biggest problem you have with higher fuel pressure and bigger injectors is you start having issues with flow rates at idle on low throttle. The injectors have a hard time reacting fast enough to not over fuel. But at the top end you are fine.
    This is often why it also makes sense to run multiple injectors per cylinder. I believe the 1190RX runs standoff injectors, as do many high performance/race ITB or turbo automotive applications.

Also...I was looking some where that you can use an fpr from a mid 90's dodge caravan. I think it's specified pressure is 400kpa which is about 58psi which will give you about a 32 lb/hr. So slightly more fuel flow rate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast