Thread: Ecm question

I have an ecm that was on my bike when purchased used and I am trying to sell but one problem that was brought up, if it is a problem, is that searching the part number on barcode only lists Harley as the maker of the part It doesn't say what models. My bike is an 03 built Oct of 2002 and am curious if the ecm was used in multiple bikes that early. Bike ran perfect with the ecm in had no issues just replaced it for the race ecm anyone please chime in need this thing gone.

I need an ECM for a 2005 XB9. So a couple of questions.
    *will it work on mine?
    *how much?
    *How much difference is there between race and regular? Is this only something I would only notice at the top of the rev range?

I have the XB12 exhaust with the flap wired open. no other mods.
    Ready to buy depending on the answers. Thanks

It came off my 03 xb9 and was working fine on mine. I'm assuming its a multi application ecm because looking it up pulls Harley Davidson results. I am unsure if the previous owner put this on or came from factory but it worked. As of overall performance I haven't opened my bike up since the new ecm. My bike was off the road for a most season while I was waiting to do a primary cover and get it legal. There are very good reviews from fellow members on the race ecm as being one of the top upgrades available others have used stock ecm and ecm spy to map it. I am selling for 50 bucks plus shipping due to being unsure why part number pulls HD only and I just don't need it anymore. If interested let me know shipping should only be 6 bucks in a flat rate box

that ECM was used on various HD bikes such as soft tail and fat boy, etc...remember who's name is stamped on most if not all parts on our bikes. should be fine to use on any model, but if you want something specific, have it reflashed with your current map.

Thanks thrst maybe that will help people on the edge of buying it. As stated it came off my bike and worked fine.

I'm still curious how much difference there is between the std and race ecm. Can anyone explain that?

July4...read here and follow link