Thread: Throttle Sticks and Loses acceleration

I was riding my. 2009 1125cr and 2-3 weeks ago my throttle got stuck and then just the other day my throttle just stopped working all together and I was coasting trying to figure it out an added throttle and I heard a pop and I regained my throttle. I'm just curious if anyone else has had this problem.

I'd serioulsy check your throttle cable routing for any hang ups, especially to the right/underneath the intake snorkel opening. Don't want that guy to be erratic while leaned over—be careful out there.

Also take the airbox out and look at the throttle body linkages and make sure everything looks okay and free of binding/resistance when you exercise the throttle.

The rubber boot that connects the throttle bodies to the airbox is where I would start. The tube for the IAC is another place for it to hang up. I would start with the rubber boot.

So I think have narrowed it to an O2 sensor issue because it gave me a front O2 sensor error and I changed the O2 sensor. Then swapped front and rear. No joy. I don't have the money to take it to a shop so I'm trying to fix this in a budget. Any advice?

Do you think the O2 sensor is a separate issue? You still had binding in the throttle, right? The "pop" you heard was a mechanical one, or exhaust backfire? The backfire or any hiccup with the motor leads me down your O2 sensor route, but that didn't seem to fix it. Check the pins in the connector to the O2 sensors, make sure nothing melted, maybe trace the wiring back to the ECU (or wherever it terminates).

The binding in the throttle went away and it only malfunctions when my bike is about to throw the front O2 code. The O2 connect to the main wiring looks fine. When I first start it will throw that code. And then 10 minutes into riding the check engine light goes out. But if I come to a stop and sit there, the light will come back on or my bike will stall repeatedly.