Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buell's fate...

Inactive
    303 chill out man. I dont think anyone here is bashing Erik. We obviously all love his work. He's a genius engineer.
    well said doug. though i never met the man i admire both him and his work. hell....i own 5 of his bikes. a very good friend of mine is the road test editor for the largest selling cycle magazine in north america. he knows buell quite well and has repeatedly told me what a wonderful person he is. on a personal note i have never ever bashed anyone on here particularly the guy who's surname corresponds with the site address.

Harley doesn't want to sell bikes that are under 15 grand or go over 80mph.
    and mostly because of their customers.... sell what people want right?!?!? I've got a buell and a v-rod and 90% of harley's customer base doesnt understand why anyone would want either of them! Dont get me wrong if i had an extra $15,000 I would also have a nice used road king in the garage next to them, but sadly most american consumers ONLY want the sofacycles. so f harley selling sport bikes, total waste of time.

The most i could hope for at this point is that erik can manage to make a business out of supporting the bikes he has already built and running a race team on the side (maybe under some other company's name??). It would be awesome if he could just be a aftermarket performance parts supplier for buell, harley v-rod and sportster, and rotax bikes

I would love to see more bikes like Buells. Im sti waiting to get my mods done to show my dad who's a big Harley guy. If I got a blown sport bike I don't know if I could ever tell him haha. There are nice Harley's but they are out of my budget.

The most i could hope for at this point is that erik can manage to make a business out of supporting the bikes he has already built and running a race team on the side (maybe under some other company's name??). It would be awesome if he could just be a aftermarket performance parts supplier for buell, harley v-rod and sportster, and rotax bikes
    At least one company is stepping up to continue support for Buell and EBR. They will offer "...service tools, replacement ECMs (stock, pre-tuned, and tunable), tuning systems, and more". Stay tuned later today!

Inactive
    Erik was backed into a corner, started racing (which attracted revenue from Amsoil) and kept at it which attracted the world's largest manufacturer to invest (or so her thought) $25MM in him.
    the world's largest manufacturer is Toyota Motor company with 2014 sales revenue of a tick over $235 billion dollars. didn't know they had invested in EBR.

Largest motorcycle manufacturer*

Lunatic on the prowl lol.

But yeah. I hope it works out but I'm not holding my breath. I do get the feeling there is a lot more going on than we see. Wi128 or whatever the hell it's called, is more than just a perceived bankruptcy statement. In capable hands it's an opportunity for restructure, which EBR definitely needed! Now is the time that Buell's genius businessman brother would come in handy. Too bad he doesn't exist lol

Bah it's probably just a retirement ploy! Go out with a bang ya know :p

It's easy to armchair QB this thing, but blasting him for trying is ****ing retarded.Â* It took balls and he made a run at it.Â* Â*He'll be back, and no question someone will bring him back.
    I just wanted to clarify I wasn't blasting him- nor was I armchair QB. I only asked a few questions, and yes I lightly touched on stating "not so good business decision." I would never slam that guy. I am obsessed with his machines that he constructed over the years. No need to be a dick socket about it. Calm yourself sir.

they won't buy buell. he goes into retirement. you keep your pulley's and belt
    I'll definitely be doing that. Not holding my breath.

I would love to see more bikes like Buells.
    Closest I've seen are these and they aren't affordable... Unless you're Jay Leno.

www.avinton.fr/en/

It's easy to armchair QB this thing, but blasting him for trying is ****ing retarded.Â* It took balls and he made a run at it.Â* Â*He'll be back, and no question someone will bring him back.
    I just wanted to clarify I wasn't blasting him- nor was I armchair QB. I only asked a few questions, and yes I lightly touched on stating "not so good business decision." I would never slam that guy. I am obsessed with his machines that he constructed over the years. No need to be a dick socket about it. Calm yourself sir.

they won't buy buell. he goes into retirement. you keep your pulley's and belt
    I'll definitely be doing that. Not holding my breath.

I would love to see more bikes like Buells.
    Closest I've seen are these and they aren't affordable... Unless you're Jay Leno.

www.avinton.fr/en/

Dick socket....lol.made me smile. O usually say pu*";y, but that's my new go to.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast