Thread: clutch slip

I've replaced the steels and frictions, clutch cable and done all of the proper adjustments, and my clutch still slips at high rpm. Any thoughts?

Inactive
    slipping clutch when motor "on the pipe" can only be the result of the following:
    1-incorrect/incompatible primary/trans fluid which contaminates the friction plates causing slippage
    2-incorect cable/clutch pack adjustment. did you adjust the clutch pack tension screw correctly. you turn it OUT....COUNTER-CLOCKWISE till just a bit snug....then IN...CLOCKWISE approx. 1/2 turn and secure with spring/lock cap nut.
    3-diaphragm spring end of its lifespan and needs replaced.

Yup, everything's adjusted correctly and I used recommended trans oil. So the third which was my last option is probaby the issue.

Great advice lunatic!
    Just curious africanninja, what fluid are you using? I DO NOT use a full synthetic in my primary. I found that when accelerating REAL hard my clutch would slip when I ran full synthetic in the primary. You absolutely sure you put the clutch plates back together in the correct order? There's a small spring plate that has a specific orientation.
    BTW what year model and miles on the bike?
    Also, was the clutch slipping before changing the plates? If it was, is it the same now or just specific to one gear?
    Just trying to get a little more background info.

If I remember correctly it was HD Full synthetic which now after doing some research I head is garbage. It's an 05 xb12s. Tough to say how many miles, idometer says 12k but it was switched to a firebolt and raced before I bought it so.... I'm 100% positive everything went back in exactly as it came out. It was slipping before I replaced it(the reason I decided to replace it) its the same as before. Slipping in high r's 4k+ mostly in 4th or 5th gear.

I'm no expert but if you're certain you replaced everything and installed everything correctly then I doubt the clutch is your issue. I don't believe the amount of spring force changes from one gear to another so I doubt the diaphragm spring is the culprit. It almost sounds to me like something is wrong with the transmission. Specifically 4th and 5th gear. Try checking the service manual for how these gears engage. They may have a common shift fork or dog gear that may be the issue. Just a thought. Like I said, I'm not an expert.
    However, before going off the deep end I would try a different primary fluid and continue to investigate any other possibilities with the clutch system.
    Good luck

Thank you gentlemen