Thanks for the offer neomac but I had already had a set shipped out to me a week or two ago. I actually almost switched to a Showa BPF or Ohlins setup from the modern liter bikes but the upfront cost was too much for me to front. However Retaining the oem setup will be more expensive in the long run. Assuming things with EBR don't work out.

Alright so, as she sits now:

New wheels! Woo!

The old front wheel,

Spent most of my time working on the front end today. Working out the brackets to mount the R6 fairing stay I will be using. I will (hopefully) still be using the oem cluster. Assuming it is still functional. That would be nice if it was, I really like the 1125 cluster. Fun fact, did you know the 1125 clusters have built in lap timers?

Anyways, I will test my cluster's functionality as soon as I get my wiring straightened out up front. When the oem fairing stay was ripped off it luckily did not damage the cluster plug but it did split a smaller plug. Looks like I'll be digging out the electrical manual tonight.

Fixable externally, nost sure what's going on inside of there though.. I'll find out soon enough.

The busted plug

rear view

Re shaped the upper fairing a bit. You can hardly tell from the picture but the new fairing will not have the same contour as the oem. It will be much rounder as opposed to the "hammerhead" look of the original. Overall shape is similar to he RX/RS but a tad larger. I will be going with a dual vertical projector headlight setup unless I can find any other interesting setups I can do for cheap.

Pulled the subframe, started looking into what I would have to do to fit the 848 tubular sub frame I have laying around. The 1125's offset subframe mounts are bitchy to work with. The 848 frame is not workable in oem form. I'll have to do some serious chopping and reshaping to get it to work. Along with that the thing is heavy as ****. It literally weighs every bit of 10lbs. I believe my 1125 subframe is slightly bent, but fixable. I was never a huge fan of the relaxed position of the 1125, you sit IN the bike rather than ON the bike like I am used to. Depending on which setup I end up deciding on, the seating position will be slightly higher. Not so much to disrupt geometry but enough to make me feel a bit more at home. Either through 4 point brackets on the oem frame or through the modified 848. Not sure which one will be easier..... Decisions decisions...