Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: help with ecmspy

:D

Hey fellas, resurrecting this thread rather than making a new one.

From reading through this, I think I might have a tps issue as well. So how do I go about resetting this on an '06 xb12? I guess where my confusion really comes in is that I did reset the TPS through ECMSpy and that's when it started running worse.

No engine codes. Opened airbox/K&N Filter, stock exhaust, breather reroute. That's it. Not sure on the map. I have no idea what the previous owner did and I'm only getting "incompatible ecu" errors when trying to reflash to a stock map (not sure if I have bad/corrupted maps or if my ecu is acting funny).

Any help, or at least a point in the right direction, would be great :)

Hey Liquid.. What do mean by worse? Is the engine surging? If so bring your idle back down a hair, I had to do that when I reset mine. Which is an 06 xb12r.

I'm not sure what could be causing the incompatible ECU error however..

It was idling fine before I reset the tps. It was smooth from idle all the way to 6k. The only thing it was doing was sputtering ever so slightly when cruising in 5th around 70-80mph. After the reset though, it wants to stall on take off and it's generally just not as smooth as it had been (although I think it might actually be a little better at the top end).

Regarding the ecu, I'm hoping I just have some bad files. Know where I can find some reliable maps/eeproms?

Ok.. My experience with the ECM is limited.. I've only really done the basics, TPS reset and Flashing the Race Maps. I had run into the surging problem with mine so I wondered if you had as well..
    Another member had created a site with a bunch of maps and manuals for the various years/models (buellmods.com) but I just looked and it seems to be gone now. I do have the stock and race maps for the 06XB12R but I'm not sure if they are the same for the S and wouldn't want to cause you any more issues than what your dealing with.
    I'd be more than happy to share what I have, but lets see if anyone else knows if they are the same or not..

Anyone?

Thanks Moto, I appreciate it!

I've also read a lot about the engine temp sensor being a source of a lot of strange problems. I'm going to check resistance on that too. I'm also betting my tps is off as well. I'll double check tps values when I get home tonight.

I'll give Randy a call too, I'm sure he'll know where I can find some stock '06 xb12ss maps ;)

Well, TPS was off for sure. I feel like an idiot, attempting to reset it a couple nights ago without really reading up on how to do it. "Oh look, a TPS reset button. Why yes, thank you!"

Anyway, TPS was set to zero (whadda ya know :P ). Just had to fiddle with the TPS adjustment screw and bring it up to about 5.1 and she was golden.

I'm assuming that my engine temp sensor is still going to have to be replaced, but still, she's running better now than when I first rode her :D

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234