Thread: All-Balls rear wheel bearings

So today I figured I would pull my fuel pump because my low level fuel light was coming on just after I would fuel the bike and found my problem . The yellow wire that goes to the sensor had a rub make in it and was grounding out so I fixed the problem. while I had the tire off said to myself check the wheel bearings, I know I just put all-balls bearing in about 2 years ago wow was I disappointed when I pulled the seal off the side to see rust in them. Good thing I had a spare set of SKF bearing. The thing is I don't ride in the rain so I don't think they should of looked rusty. I took a couple of pics will get them up later. All I know is that I will not buy the all-balls bearings again will stick with SKF from now on.

Inactive
    i know you're way too intelligent rick to use a pressure washer around those bearings which begs the question.....how did moisture enter the bearings and cause the formation of rust? i've had really good luck with al-balls products. curious.

The wheel bearing have very little grease in them. I pull one seal off each and pack them full of grease when installed and then at every tire change.

all balls is what I have in the front wheel and I have a set on the shelf for when I change the rear tire here soon. What's the best way to pull the seal without messing it up?

John I don't now how water got in the one I DO NOT AND I MEAN DO NOT use a pressure washer on my bike at all and I don't even use a hose just detail spray. I am puzzled?

Inactive
    What's the best way to pull the seal without messing it up?
    darrin: a very small pick or a tiny flat blade screwdriver to pry loose the factory grease seal. don't go crazy packing wheel bearing grease inside. too much will pop the seal back out when the wheel gets heat in it.

odd one rick. never saw that with all-balls and i've been using them for ions.

John I was trying to get the pic from my new phone and it is turning into a fight I hate new ****!