Thread: finally rode a cr today

been wanting to ride one for a while. the one i rode had the optional handlebar kit installed, pretty comfortable. got a good 1/2 hr. in before it started to rain, i was totally impressed. maybe next year i'll get one, but for now my xb9sx is just fine.:)

I was kind of surprised, I actually saw a 1125r cruising around Bismarck the other day... didn't think we had such a thing around here in Podunk...

Test rode the 1125cr last month. WOW! Fast bike. Felt like it wanted to power wheelie at 80 passing a car. I don't like the feel the bike gives as it accelerates tho, its odd vibration riding a high revving twin. I also don't like the handlebars, very wideset compared to my 12R. I did really like the riding position, much more upright, but I feel that upright position puts more weight on my elbows rather than my stomach on the 12R. Not a big deal for me, but if anyone has wrist elbow probs it could be. The foot placement was much more comfy, especially the heel guards. Felt like thats where my feet belonged as apposed to placing my heel there on my 12R. And shifting felt like I just barely had to tap/pull the pedal to get it into the gear I wanted. All in all it felt like a great bike, and one I might pick up after a few more test rides to see what she really feels like. But for the foreseeable future I don't see myself "upgrading" to that from my XB12R.

The 12R's acceleration feels much more deliberate and smooth, as apposed to calling out for warpspeed and hanging on for ur life...lol. And that being the first "naked" bike iv ever been on the wind buffet of 80+mph is no fun. Anyhow on that bike, but not exactly what im looking for atm. I say go test ride if u got the chance. We've got the all red one and the black and red one here in wenatchee, I think maybe next time ill take out the 1125R. My buddy went with me as he'd been eying a XB12R for sale on another site, and I let him test ride my 12R when I took out the CR. He's 6'3 and Id guess like 200lbs, he made the Firebolt look like a pocket bike lol. Next time he's gunna take the BKing out and im taking the Hyabusa and we'll switch on the way back.

Thaloc, thanks for the heads up. Almost felt as I were right there with you lol, SERIOUSLY. I have a XB9SX and been eyeing a 1125R myself. Now after your write up, i'll go and test ride for myself.
    Thanks